PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my konica c451

Custom Search

zeyad
03-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Hello fellows,

I am new on this forums, and I am looking for help with my machine konica bizhub c451. i have 3 problems. The first one the computer won't recognize the printer via USB. before the USB was working fine till i installed new driver then the printer couldn't work with USB at all. i have tried to install the old driver but still the computer telling me the USB is can't be recognized. The second problem is that the printer prints horizontal line in the white areas in the middle of the page whenever I choose photo mode or high resolution mode. the photos below show the problem.

finally, the last problem is the machine generate noisy sound when it starts to run. the sound is like knocking or gear failure, but it prints fine .

please can anyone help me ?

zeyad
03-23-2018, 02:51 PM
hello again,

i have made small test. i have stopped the machine while printing to monitor the imaging unit. as shown in the picture. the is yellow toner in the middle. I also noticed that this problem appears only when I choose bypass or thick paper.

guitar9199
03-23-2018, 03:53 PM
Regarding the USB installation, a good rule to follow is to DISCONNECT the USB cable from the printer/computer and install the software FIRST!! Once the installation begins, some will ask for the cable to be plugged in during the process, some won't. If you've installed the drivers, try using a different USB port...as well as checking the "PORTS" tab under Printer Properties to be sure that the port selected is in fact a USB port, and it didn't somehow switch to an LPT1 port (I've seen that happen before)

About the noise, I'd pull out all of your imaging parts (Drum/Developer/Transfer Belt) and inspect them for worn or broken gears...then reinstall them. They might have shifted slightly out of position...plus you may get lucky and notice a flat spot, or place where a drum or the transfer belt hangs up or sticks. That may wind up addressing both your issues.

Good luck!

zeyad
03-23-2018, 08:01 PM
Regarding the USB installation, a good rule to follow is to DISCONNECT the USB cable from the printer/computer and install the software FIRST!! Once the installation begins, some will ask for the cable to be plugged in during the process, some won't. If you've installed the drivers, try using a different USB port...as well as checking the "PORTS" tab under Printer Properties to be sure that the port selected is in fact a USB port, and it didn't somehow switch to an LPT1 port (I've seen that happen before)

About the noise, I'd pull out all of your imaging parts (Drum/Developer/Transfer Belt) and inspect them for worn or broken gears...then reinstall them. They might have shifted slightly out of position...plus you may get lucky and notice a flat spot, or place where a drum or the transfer belt hangs up or sticks. That may wind up addressing both your issues.

Good luck!

I have solved the USB issue but i still have that middle yellow line.

zeyad
03-23-2018, 08:48 PM

Good luck!

i have pulled out the Transfer belt and it has the middle line of yellow toner as it is printed on the paper when i print with colored mode

Albonline
03-23-2018, 09:01 PM
i have pulled out the Transfer belt and it has the middle line of yellow toner as it is printed on the paper when i print with colored mode

looks like yellow image unit is failing. check how heavy the cleaning box is. think you will find developer in it. could just be from being worn out or dirty image unit. but also could be hv unit.

zeyad
03-23-2018, 09:05 PM
looks like yellow image unit is failing. check how heavy the cleaning box is. think you will find developer in it. could just be from being worn out or dirty image unit. but also could be hv unit.

how can it be fixed ?

i have replaced the developer 3 weeks ago

Albonline
03-23-2018, 09:13 PM
how can it be fixed ?

i have replaced the developer 3 weeks ago

did you use oem units? or did you rebuild it? the hv unit can be replaced but if you are using non genuine stuff all bets are off.

zeyad
03-23-2018, 09:15 PM
did you use oem units? or did you rebuild it? the hv unit can be replaced but if you are using non genuine stuff all bets are off.

I have just replaced the developer powder and i have used original one .

Phil B.
03-23-2018, 09:19 PM
i have just replaced the developer powder and i have used original one .

did you go thru the initialization process?

zeyad
03-23-2018, 09:22 PM
did you go thru the initialization process?

i am sorry I did not get your question. However, I have pulled all the old powder from the drum unit including the one on the magnetic roller then i have added the new developer powder.

but i have checked the drum it seems fine. it is almost clean.

copyman
03-23-2018, 09:58 PM
Aftermarket developers don't work well in these machines. Buy new yellow Image unit and line will be gone. Make sure it is genuine Kon/Min

Custom Search