PDA

View Full Version : C308 "unable to enter sleep mode"

Custom Search

mascan42
03-23-2018, 03:42 PM
I have a C308 that stays on all the time. It won't enter sleep or low power mode after the specified time, and even pressing the power key just gives the message "unable to enter sleep mode."

I've updated the firmware and function version, but it had no effect. All of the power save settings are set properly as far as I can see. Any ideas?

Albonline
03-23-2018, 05:29 PM
I have a C308 that stays on all the time. It won't enter sleep or low power mode after the specified time, and even pressing the power key just gives the message "unable to enter sleep mode."

I've updated the firmware and function version, but it had no effect. All of the power save settings are set properly as far as I can see. Any ideas?

system2 initialize all.

Synthohol
03-24-2018, 12:34 PM
bizhub 308,bizhub 368,bizhub 458,bizhub 458e,bizhub 558,bizhub 558e,bizhub C258,bizhub C308,bizhub C368,bizhub C458,bizhub C558,bizhub C658 Related Options:
Problem
MFP will not enter sleep mode.

Solution
CAUSE: Corrupt or failed HDD or damaged Power source cable and Interface cable.

SOLUTION: Replace the HDD (p/n A2X0M72C00) and Power source cable (p/n A7PUN15200), Interface cable (p/n A7PUN15100) as a set.

copier tech
03-24-2018, 05:02 PM
There is an enable/prohibit sleep mode option in CE mode maybe another engineer has set this to prohibit?

Synthohol
03-24-2018, 07:52 PM
prohibit removes the option to turn sleep OFF. its backwards sounding but thats how it works. you are disabling or permitting the option to disable sleep.

copier tech
03-25-2018, 09:09 AM
prohibit removes the option to turn sleep OFF. its backwards sounding but thats how it works. you are disabling or permitting the option to disable sleep.

I know what I mean lol

So may an engineer has set this to enable & has also set the sleep to off in power settings?

mascan42
03-25-2018, 11:50 AM
No, sleep mode is enabled, and turned on for 60 minutes.

After a bit of research, I realized that the power key is disabled because the machine has a Fiery connected. Would this also prevent the machine from automatically entering sleep mode?

copier tech
03-25-2018, 08:44 PM
No, sleep mode is enabled, and turned on for 60 minutes.

After a bit of research, I realized that the power key is disabled because the machine has a Fiery connected. Would this also prevent the machine from automatically entering sleep mode?

Yes mentioning a fiery is connected would have helped!

crannon
11-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Sorry for resurrecting this but we have two machines with similar problems. A c308 and c3351. Neither will enter sleep or low power mode after the specified time. Pressing the sub power key brings the message "unable to enter low power mode". Holding the sub power key works as intended. Neither machines are connected to a fiery. Sleep mode disabled, low power set to 60 mins. Weekly timer set to off. Both are new units just sitting in our store demo room, and they have been on surge protectors. Really scratching my head on this one.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Per SSD CAUSE: Documents may still be in the ADF or on the glass.

Bix
11-13-2018, 03:34 PM
Hello, sometimes it is necessary to wait a few minutes after switching on the machine to activate this mode.

nano2k
12-16-2020, 09:53 AM

In my case, I was logged in as Administrator on my bizhub C3320i printer from a web page.
Once I logged out, I could send the printer in Sleep Mode.

Bix
12-16-2020, 10:05 AM
In my case, I was logged in as Administrator on my bizhub C3320i printer from a web page.
Once I logged out, I could send the printer in Sleep Mode.

Hi, thanks for your experience but your printer is completely different from the one in question. The series is also completely different. The thread is also old.

Custom Search