PDA

View Full Version : C654 won't print and has preparing scan....

Custom Search

sostek
03-23-2018, 03:57 PM
Sudden problem of not printing. It will ping and I've tried to get a new address. The network settings tab is not in the menu. Also unable to login to Pagescope as admin.

guitar9199
03-23-2018, 04:13 PM
You need to log into "Administrator Settings" on the copier in order to get to the Network settings tab.

...have you tried connecting a laptop to the network cable for the copier to see if you've actually got a working ethernet connection?

Albonline
03-23-2018, 05:23 PM
Sudden problem of not printing. It will ping and I've tried to get a new address. The network settings tab is not in the menu. Also unable to login to Pagescope as admin.

unplug the hdd, see if it will at least come up to hdd failure point.

EarthKmTech
03-25-2018, 01:27 PM
These old non e, 4 series machines have a habit of doing this every now and again.

If its not the HDD go into service mode, under the initialisation menu, clear server cache data.

This is a regular magic fix all for these machines that indefinitely sit at "now preparing scan / fax" even with new hdd's and mfp boards and fw.

This initialisation is zero harm and wont require any thing re entered into the machine.

(it also fixes intermittent or specific user login errors on e series with external server authentication and cached card authentication getting corrupted, although this has been fixed in newer FW)

sostek
03-27-2018, 09:12 PM
tried cache clear and logical format, NG. Also, the network settings tab #5 in menu doesn't show and sometimes while navigating through the user/admin screens on the machine, it will freeze up and require a restart to regain functionality. the public screen shows in the browser, but admin gives the message "it is not possible to log in now"

EarthKmTech
03-28-2018, 02:03 PM
Time for a new hdd - make sure its actually spinning, I've had the oem hdd's go dead short and blow the 5v supply on the mfp board.

I ended up with an unformatted SSD error then a zeroed meter reading when I had to change the mfp board and the hdd at the same time due to no choice and having to completely run up the machine again from scratch.

Custom Search