PDA

View Full Version : c454e ghost jam

Custom Search

joelea
03-26-2018, 04:42 PM
It will jam and give an instruction with a code to clear like 1102 or whatever then when you clear the jam and shut the doors, straight away it will present the jam display again without feeding any paper and with no code. The only way to clear this jam display is by cycling the power. It has M1 firmware, not sure what else to try so if anyone has any tips i'd be grateful cheers!

Synthohol
03-26-2018, 06:14 PM
every tray?

joelea
03-26-2018, 07:36 PM
every tray?

Yes mate

the paper jam history doesnt register it either 😢

allan
03-26-2018, 08:01 PM
Changed the paper feed unit out yet?

joelea
03-26-2018, 09:34 PM
Changed the paper feed unit out yet?

Nah not changed any parts yet

Woxner
03-26-2018, 09:41 PM
had this happen on 654e. turn out to be a loose duplex sw. it was dislodged. need to look very close. may even be bad because i had to replace it later on. you can change it with the usb door sw in the back. wpouldnt let me reset either and did not register jams.

Phil B.
03-26-2018, 09:57 PM
It will jam and give an instruction with a code to clear like 1102 or whatever then when you clear the jam and shut the doors, straight away it will present the jam display again without feeding any paper and with no code. The only way to clear this jam display is by cycling the power. It has M1 firmware, not sure what else to try so if anyone has any tips i'd be grateful cheers!

what have you done to it? Have you cleaned sensors? Replaced feeds? checked paper path for obstructions?

more info needed.

blackcat4866
03-27-2018, 12:36 AM
Is it a little like 1102 or a lot like 1102? =^..^=

joelea
04-04-2018, 04:44 PM

you get a jam with a code then clear it and shut the door but then you get the misfeed detected with no code and gave to switch it off and on

joelea
04-04-2018, 04:44 PM

I've looked on konica tech but cant find any bulletins or firmwares related to this

Bix
04-04-2018, 04:52 PM
Hi, this is a code that interest the bypass.

Check to see if there is any problem with the rollers.

peterxu256
04-05-2018, 05:24 AM
Agreed to use the term " Ghost Jam", recently working on vintage bizhub 200/250 series. Changing the Feed Roller Assy, even main motor at back and tray lift motor Assy in rear tray. the problem remains, Tray 1 no feed at all, Tray 2 just feed up to registration sensor. Ghost jam appears with not jam code at all. Only difference with the above is easy clear the message by side door Open/Close. Now focusing on "Synchronizing Roller Sensor (PC1) " and " 1st Drawer Paper Feed Clutch (CL3)" Is there anyone know how to access the ASSY, manual doesn't mention at all, and guessing access from the side door by removing duplex and bypass unit. By monitoring Tray 2 without inserting Tray 1, the paper from tray 2 look like just feed a little driven by the Belt at rear side of Feed roller Assy, then Belt stop, manually rotate the belt by hand, seemingly locked, But Why Tray 1 didn't feed at all. I/O check useless, the same symptom.

Field Service handbook doesn't say about it. is there any service manual describe its mechanism-- the tiny Belt.

Thanks indeed for any comments.

joelea
04-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Agreed to use the term " Ghost Jam", recently working on vintage bizhub 200/250 series. Changing the Feed Roller Assy, even main motor at back and tray lift motor Assy in rear tray. the problem remains, Tray 1 no feed at all, Tray 2 just feed up to registration sensor. Ghost jam appears with not jam code at all. Only difference with the above is easy clear the message by side door Open/Close. Now focusing on "Synchronizing Roller Sensor (PC1) " and " 1st Drawer Paper Feed Clutch (CL3)" Is there anyone know how to access the ASSY, manual doesn't mention at all, and guessing access from the side door by removing duplex and bypass unit. By monitoring Tray 2 without inserting Tray 1, the paper from tray 2 look like just feed a little driven by the Belt at rear side of Feed roller Assy, then Belt stop, manually rotate the belt by hand, seemingly locked, But Why Tray 1 didn't feed at all. I/O check useless, the same symptom.

Field Service handbook doesn't say about it. is there any service manual describe its mechanism-- the tiny Belt.

Thanks indeed for any comments.

I got a comment for you, start you're own topic?

Synaux
04-25-2018, 03:23 AM
joelea, you ever get this sorted out? I had something similar with "ghost jams" on a c650 and it always required power cycling to clear it--it was the PSU.
Also, you can try to go into State Confirmation and check the condition of the sensors at the time of the ghost jam.

joelea
04-25-2018, 12:06 PM
joelea, you ever get this sorted out? I had something similar with "ghost jams" on a c650 and it always required power cycling to clear it--it was the PSU.
Also, you can try to go into State Confirmation and check the condition of the sensors at the time of the ghost jam.

Yeah i can’t exactly remember but I think it ended up being to do with the bypass, I changed the tyres and haven’t had a call back yet but i suspect when they wear out the ghost jam will return.

joelea
12-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Yeah i can’t exactly remember but I think it ended up being to do with the bypass, I changed the tyres and haven’t had a call back yet but i suspect when they wear out the ghost jam will return.

Okay this issue has persisted.

If customer uses bypass and gets a jam it displays the jam location and the customer removes the jam. The thing is after they shut the door to carry on printing from the bypass the machine indicates another jam but doesn't give the location number (there is no jam) and the only way to clear it is to power cycle the machine.

I've disabled the extra 2 trays because thats where the jam is indicated on the display and when I did this it then said there was a jam in the external Large capacity tray but the machine doesnt even have one!

Anyway my question is has anyone had a jam on one of these that the only way to clear it is to power cycle the machine?

tsbservice
12-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Could machine thinking that has external large capacity tray in service mode?

Bix
12-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Could machine thinking that has external large capacity tray in service mode?

I don't think. It will find in automatic

copyman
12-07-2018, 11:08 PM
I had something like that with a C454 and it turned out the optional side LCC LU-301 board was bad. I was able to get machine working by unplugging the LU from machine until I returned with.

Custom Search