PDA

View Full Version : Time out error on C654 large jobs.

Custom Search

swaggen
03-27-2018, 02:24 AM
3 c654s
1 c452

2 C654 having "time out" issues when sending large jobs to them. One never starts printing. The other starts then restarts in the middle of job.

I increased the time out to max 600 seconds.

New HD
New memory
New Firware
Correct Drivers

Any Ideas?

Woxner
03-27-2018, 02:53 AM
try different network speed on the machine

swaggen
03-27-2018, 04:50 AM
try different network speed on the machine

What does that mean?

WhoDatXLIV
03-27-2018, 06:09 AM
Never tried it before for this specific issue but you can adjust the network speed on a specific port on managed network switches or hubs.

WhoDatXLIV
03-27-2018, 06:12 AM
Have you also tried to rule out the network or network settings by copying the print job to a thumb drive and printing from that? What is the file size?

Drummy
03-27-2018, 11:09 AM
If I understand correctly and you have 1 C654 printing files normally it may be an issue with the network switch or port the problematic 654's are plugged into. See if you can move the network connection from the 654 that prints normally to one of the ones that has a problem. If all three are plugged into the same switch you could swap wires there, also would reboot that switch as well. Spent many hours chasing problems like this only to discover the culprit is the network not the machine.

swaggen
03-27-2018, 02:42 PM
If I understand correctly and you have 1 C654 printing files normally it may be an issue with the network switch or port the problematic 654's are plugged into. See if you can move the network connection from the 654 that prints normally to one of the ones that has a problem. If all three are plugged into the same switch you could swap wires there, also would reboot that switch as well. Spent many hours chasing problems like this only to discover the culprit is the network not the machine.

That did not resolve the problem. Its a 1 gig switch. I went direct to router. Same problem.

Synthohol
03-27-2018, 03:11 PM
If I remember correctly in the other thread you said that the that the jobs do not fail when printing from a flash drive is that correct?

swaggen
03-27-2018, 03:22 PM
If I remember correctly in the other thread you said that the that the jobs do not fail when printing from a flash drive is that correct?

They print right away... not really a test . The PC has the entire job load on the printer ... or most of it.. then it starts printing.

Synthohol
03-27-2018, 05:19 PM
So if the job print successfully from a flash drive it's got to be something with the network for the PC there is a setting for print after first page is spooled or last page is spooled. Make sure it's set to first page.
Just a thought.

swaggen
03-27-2018, 05:23 PM
So if the job print successfully from a flash drive it's got to be something with the network for the PC there is a setting for print after first page is spooled or last page is spooled. Make sure it's set to first page.
Just a thought.

It printing directly from the memory stick, it doesnt test the hardware or the network

Synthohol
03-27-2018, 06:53 PM
It tests that the JOB/FILE is not corrupt and can be successfully output. That's why I suggested it.
Now as far as network I would hook my laptop directly to the copier and print the same file with the C654 PS driver. If using pcl that's ok too but I have found the PS driver more reliable with fonts and the meta data in a pdf.

swaggen
03-27-2018, 08:19 PM
It tests that the JOB/FILE is not corrupt and can be successfully output. That's why I suggested it.
Now as far as network I would hook my laptop directly to the copier and print the same file with the C654 PS driver. If using pcl that's ok too but I have found the PS driver more reliable with fonts and the meta data in a pdf.

On one of the problem printers ( any job that is over 1500 pages) prints up to 1500 by spooling. Then printing. At 1500 is prints as the job is still getting sent over.. one at a time,.. and slows down the printing. Previous to setting the time out higher.. it would just fail the job.

We got a new gig switch to correct this problem and the worlds fastest server/computer that can be store bought.

PCL and PS drivers. Same issue. Tried it.

Synthohol
03-27-2018, 09:07 PM
At this point quite honestly I would change bit switch 72 to hex 04 and backup everything through admin mode and then in the system and you go to initialization and do a full system data initialization basically it sets the machine back to factory and once you reboot re-import the data through admin mode so you don't lose any addresses and try it once again this way it refreshes it's like refreshing the operating system on your computer that's what I would try next if this was my call good luck

swaggen
03-27-2018, 09:14 PM
At this point quite honestly I would change bit switch 72 to hex 04 and backup everything through admin mode and then in the system and you go to initialization and do a full system data initialization basically it sets the machine back to factory and once you reboot re-import the data through admin mode so you don't lose any addresses and try it once again this way it refreshes it's like refreshing the operating system on your computer that's what I would try next if this was my call good luck

Ok, I dont need to save any address. Will I need any software at all to reboot? I have no discs for it.

Synthohol
03-27-2018, 09:57 PM
just to make sure there is NO Fiery correct?
if not all you need is movie data which i can link you to and explain how to install if you dont know. even without it there is no affect on usage.

swaggen
03-27-2018, 10:10 PM
just to make sure there is NO Fiery correct?
if not all you need is movie data which i can link you to and explain how to install if you dont know. even without it there is no affect on usage.

What about program data? Seems like I'm asking for trouble clearing all of this.

I have no idea how to "save" any of the data

Synthohol
03-27-2018, 10:47 PM
start from page 2

swaggen
03-27-2018, 11:55 PM
start from page 2

Under data initialization , clear all data?

swaggen
03-28-2018, 12:11 AM
Under data initialization , clear all data?

Its asking for the encryption passphrase to the HD and the admin password is no longer 1-8

swaggen
03-28-2018, 12:51 AM
Its asking for the encryption passphrase to the HD and the admin password is no longer 1-8

Reformatted drive, it came back to life. Job had a time out error. Same job to good computer and it is printing.

swaggen
03-28-2018, 01:06 AM

From what I can tell I like the Fiery, as Its processing a job its immedialtey spitting out the job and printing... while still processing. If this what a fiery does, I will slap one on each of my 654s

bsm2
03-28-2018, 01:37 AM
Correct driver? what print driver are you using and is the port setup correctly? Please provide more details
printing from what OS
all Pc's doing it or only one?

You should be using PCL6 driver setup standard tcp/ip port port 9100 raw and uncheck snmp
Do not use WINDOWS drivers
Don't use the konica universal driver

swaggen
03-28-2018, 01:43 AM
One PC, Proper drivers, Windows 10. I have no idea the ports, a tech came yesterday and looked at all of the. ... 3 techs and many on lines posts. Goose eggs

bsm2
03-28-2018, 02:22 AM
One PC, Proper drivers, Windows 10. I have no idea the ports, a tech came yesterday and looked at all of the. ... 3 techs and many on lines posts. Goose eggs

Install the correct driver PCL6 from Konica and setup port correctly.

swaggen
03-28-2018, 03:03 AM
Install the correct driver PCL6 from Konica and setup port correctly.

As of yesterday I believe we have the PCL6 . What is required to select the right port? which one is right?

Synthohol
03-28-2018, 04:32 AM
RAW port 9100 for konica controller
LPR port 515 for Fiery with the word "Print" as the queue name.

swaggen
03-28-2018, 05:05 PM
RAW port 9100 for konica controller
LPR port 515 for Fiery with the word "Print" as the queue name.

Synthohol,

I did as instructed when wiping out and initializing the machine back to default. I can no longer get into the admin settings with 1-8 enters. Its says the password does not match. Have you seen this happen before?

patk
03-28-2018, 05:18 PM
Try 1234567812345678.

Its the default on later models

rrrohan
03-29-2018, 12:59 AM
Try 1234567812345678.

Its the default on later models

Its twice as secure lol

tech51
03-29-2018, 09:36 AM
It sounds to me that the spool settings need changing. On the print driver/advanced tab/spool settings, set "print after last page is spooled".

Doing this makes the pc spool the entire job into one package before sending it to the mfd instead of sending it one page at a time.

I've had to do this many times, particularly on wireless set ups with slow communication speeds.

Also make sure that the collate radio button is not selected anywhere on the driver, that will slow it up as well.

bsm2
03-29-2018, 02:40 PM
As of yesterday I believe we have the PCL6 . What is required to select the right port? which one is right?

There is NO believe PCL6 driver?????? Is either correct or NOT Download from Konica and
Install the correct driver and setup the port correctly or it's never going to be fixed

swaggen
03-30-2018, 04:07 PM
There is NO believe PCL6 driver?????? Is either correct or NOT Download from Konica and
Install the correct driver and setup the port correctly or it's never going to be fixed

UPDATE! THE PRINTERS 5 TECHNICIANS CANT FIX !!

Printers names to gather context

Printer 1) The good printer. Takes a long time for the job to come over , No Job fails( set to spool and print right away - all these settings are the same with all the printers.

Does not have an IPV6 located on device information. Has a Version 6 listed.

IP Driver 192.168.0.4

Printer 2) Total shit fails job left and right .

Has IP driver and port to match

Used a Ipv6 port witn IP address now with some improvement. Still kinda shit . The Ipv6 port does not have a relationship to its its ivp6 number on the device screen.

Printer 3) An Angel came down from heaven and this printer not only does no longer fail. It prints immediate on very large jobs. With the memory It counts down while taking jobs like second on s stop watch to 1% then goes back to 90% and takes on more data and spits it out. So great. .It was using an IVp 6 name and port, NO IP so it was showing off line when it was previously working. Odd...

So I simply put in the IP address and leave the ivp6 port that has a very close relationship to the IPV6 listed on the device screen.

All of this to say. HOly cow I can believe it,.. and the ivp6 port names are a bit convoluted ( to me ) and not the same as the Device information screen.

Looks like the IVp6 is the solution and the problem as the printer that never failed does not have it listed on the device screen.

Printer 2 now has a ivp6 port but no relationship to the printer information screen.

Do I just create a ivp6 port ? with the long number letter sequence to exactly match the printer information screen?

bsm2
03-30-2018, 04:26 PM
Installing print driver is BASIC and correct port is basic stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjDVFCqP0mM

swaggen
03-30-2018, 04:57 PM
Installing print driver is BASIC and correct port is basic stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjDVFCqP0mM

I agree. But there are 2 life long techs in this group that havent been able to solve this problem and have come on site.

bsm2
03-30-2018, 05:02 PM
I agree. But there are 2 life long techs in this group that havent been able to solve this problem and have come on site.

Maybe they need to find another career, some older tech's don't want to learn about IT.
Just install like the video you should be fine

swaggen
03-30-2018, 07:20 PM
Maybe they need to find another career, some older tech's don't want to learn about IT.
Just install like the video you should be fine

Same thing. This is driving me nuts. Im going to make a video of what I am looking at and show what I am seeing in a link

Synthohol
03-30-2018, 07:46 PM
What version firmware is on the good vs the naughty?

swaggen
03-30-2018, 09:00 PM
What version firmware is on the good vs the naughty?

5 tech looked at the not good one. So its the latest.

Printer 3 which was once the middle not great on file size. Now cranks the files out immediate. I thought it was due to IVp6 . Its not . Dialed in Techs in the San Diego area reach out to me please. 619-301-0101.

bsm2
03-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Could do a remote on monday if needed.

Synthohol
03-30-2018, 11:34 PM
honestly if i was there i would print out the list output from the good and trouble machine and compare them line to line especially the dip switches.

swaggen
04-02-2018, 06:49 AM
honestly if i was there i would print out the list output from the good and trouble machine and compare them line to line especially the dip switches.

I couldn't sleep last night, I was wide awake and google searching this issue. I discovered a post about going into the finish mode and setting the job to productivity. It worked!............ that solves 50% of the problem. Now the printer is still stopping in the middle of the job and starting over.

I removed all duplicate Ip addesses

Installed the proper drivers.

Raw, 9100

The PS driver does not error... just starts to reprint in the middle seamlessly

PCL AND universals error.

Im going to remove all printer Ips from all other computers in the shop. One PC with the Drivers and Ips

What else can I try?

Custom Search