PDA

View Full Version : biz 282

Custom Search

Gab
03-28-2018, 07:58 AM
Message M4 for maintence appeared . I cleared PC life replaced opc and developer and from special parts, counter cleared all counters. I|n order to remove message M4 i cleared copy kit counter . I performed F8.
When tried to use machine error 2557 appeared . I noticed that toner bottle was empty and adts, counter cleared all counters then i removed d new toner but error 2557 remains . Any idea ?

antone
03-28-2018, 02:32 PM
Message M4 for maintence appeared . I cleared PC life replaced opc and developer and from special parts, counter cleared all counters. I|n order to remove message M4 i cleared copy kit counter . I performed F8.
When tried to use machine error 2557 appeared . I noticed that toner bottle was empty and adts, counter cleared all counters then i removed d new toner but error 2557 remains . Any idea ?Clear counter again...start from scratch ok

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CraigW
03-28-2018, 06:04 PM
Not sure if fixed by 2 series... but, check that all associated counters DID reset.

I would give it some toner to work with, before the F8.

Synthohol
03-28-2018, 08:49 PM
Not sure if fixed by 2 series... but, check that all associated counters DID reset.

I would give it some toner to work with, before the F8.

I'm sorry but WHAT?
The entire reason to run f8 with new developer is that it's premeasured and gives the correct atdc level. Once you add toner or even make copies you totally defeat the intended procedure.
Sorry but I totally disagree.

K-3
03-28-2018, 10:30 PM
go into level history and see what the atdc sensor is reading, if it is over 7.5 the toner add solenoid may not be working and it keeps adding more toner than needed, which will give you the c2557 code.

Gab
03-29-2018, 07:22 AM
go into level history and see what the atdc sensor is reading, if it is over 7.5 the toner add solenoid may not be working and it keeps adding more toner than needed, which will give you the c2557 code.

I checked atdc sensor value and it was 177 . I changed it to 185 with no result. cleared again pc life and developer counters turned off and on machine and it worked for few prints and copies. I noticed that the image is very good but vivid enough ,something that customer noticed and told me to make it lighter. after few prints error 2557 appeared again.
Can it be toner solenoid at that exact time? And if it is . Do i need to replace it? Any idea?

Gab
04-03-2018, 10:14 AM
I checked atdc sensor value and it was 177 . I changed it to 185 with no result. cleared again pc life and developer counters turned off and on machine and it worked for few prints and copies. I noticed that the image is very good but vivid enough ,something that customer noticed and told me to make it lighter. after few prints error 2557 appeared again.
Can it be toner solenoid at that exact time? And if it is . Do i need to replace it? Any idea?

I checked and fixed toner solenoid but the same
When error 2557 appers i must clear again PC life and developer in order to deisapper error 2557.
But again only after PClife and developer clear error disappers and appers after some prints.
When i did ths some timew when tried to make copies it stops at fusing and error 2557 appears. When i turn off/on machine code 2557 dis appered . but again paper stops at fusing and error 2775.
Any idea?

Don N.
04-08-2018, 11:33 PM
Paper stop prior to fuser is normal for c2557. Ignore.
As has been said:
1) Zero the pc life counters. Turn off by main rocker switch. Go back into svc and verify they are zero, then go to F8.
Previous comment about 7.5% reflects newer series?? My normal range of ATDC is around 145 after doing this a few hundred times. You cannot play with that more than a slight tweak of about + or - 4, then you have to run the heck out of it to stir in more or remove excess toner depending on what your doing.
In this case, just start at #1 above.

When fixing toner solenoids (do both solenoids) ...remove rotten foam & adhesive, THEN ADD ABOUT 3-4 LAYERS OF ELECTRICAL TAPE OR CORK OR RUBBER AS A SHIM WHERE THE FOAM WAS SO THE SOLENOID PLATE DOES NOT CONTACT METAL. IT CAN STICK BY MAGNETISM JUST LIKE THE ADHESIVE CAUSED!!! FACT! ALWAYS GLUE IN A SHIM OR TAPE. (4 LAYERS OF TAPE WORKS FOR ME.) YOU SHOULD SEE A GAP SO PLATE IS NOT CONTACTING SOLENOID.

Now clear counters, turn off, go back & verify pc life counters are zero and go to F8. After F8, go to the tech rep/printer/ATDC and write down the number (like 145??)

If you have darker test prints than desired, go to svc mode, Tech Rep Choice/Printer/Set grid voltage to +2 and density to -3. that is all the lightest you can affect. Not much, but helps with some darker drums & old/used charge grids. You can also go to user settings, tab 4 I think, and set print density to lightest.

After having no more c2557 codes, if overtoned, you can then back down the ATDC by no more than 3 or 4 and burn off some toner. Then you must run plenty of white pages, or use user management, use toner add to stir at least two cycles to mix the dev. It will not add toner unless the sensor detects it is low. If it codes c255X, you adjusted too far, too fast. You have to adjust the ATDC up or down slowly or it will code... I think the lower the ATDC number, the less toner will be replenished. EXAMPLE: go from ATDC 155 after the F8 to 151, (no more than 4 at a time) run about 4 skyshots, then run plenty of whites to stir dev. Don't change ATDC more than about 10 + or - total from the original F8 you wrote down.

Gab
04-12-2018, 08:05 AM
Paper stop prior to fuser is normal for c2557. Ignore.
As has been said:
1) Zero the pc life counters. Turn off by main rocker switch. Go back into svc and verify they are zero, then go to F8.
Previous comment about 7.5% reflects newer series?? My normal range of ATDC is around 145 after doing this a few hundred times. You cannot play with that more than a slight tweak of about + or - 4, then you have to run the heck out of it to stir in more or remove excess toner depending on what your doing.
In this case, just start at #1 above.

When fixing toner solenoids (do both solenoids) ...remove rotten foam & adhesive, THEN ADD ABOUT 3-4 LAYERS OF ELECTRICAL TAPE OR CORK OR RUBBER AS A SHIM WHERE THE FOAM WAS SO THE SOLENOID PLATE DOES NOT CONTACT METAL. IT CAN STICK BY MAGNETISM JUST LIKE THE ADHESIVE CAUSED!!! FACT! ALWAYS GLUE IN A SHIM OR TAPE. (4 LAYERS OF TAPE WORKS FOR ME.) YOU SHOULD SEE A GAP SO PLATE IS NOT CONTACTING SOLENOID.

Now clear counters, turn off, go back & verify pc life counters are zero and go to F8. After F8, go to the tech rep/printer/ATDC and write down the number (like 145??)
If you have darker test prints than desired, go to svc mode, Tech Rep Choice/Printer/Set grid voltage to +2 and density to -3. that is all the lightest you can affect. Not much, but helps with some darker drums & old/used charge grids. You can also go to user settings, tab 4 I think, and set print density to lightest.

After having no more c2557 codes, if overtoned, you can then back down the ATDC by no more than 3 or 4 and burn off some toner. Then you must run plenty of white pages, or use user management, use toner add to stir at least two cycles to mix the dev. It will not add toner unless the sensor detects it is low. If it codes c255X, you adjusted too far, too fast. You have to adjust the ATDC up or down slowly or it will code... I think the lower the ATDC number, the less toner will be replenished. EXAMPLE: go from ATDC 155 after the F8 to 151, (no more than 4 at a time) run about 4 skyshots, then run plenty of whites to stir dev. Don't change ATDC more than about 10 + or - total from the original F8 you wrote down.

If i replace again developer clear PClife (do i have to clear developer too?) replace developer and execute F8 will error 2557 dissapear?
Is there any chance the provious service to to set up machine in that way when perplace dev and drum some other arrangement has to take place?

Gab
04-12-2018, 12:51 PM
If i replace again developer clear PClife (do i have to clear developer too?) replace developer and execute F8 will error 2557 dissapear?
Is there any chance the provious service to to set up machine in that way when perplace dev and drum some other arrangement has to take place?

I cleared counters PC life and developer then i replaced developer again and executed F8. When F8 finished error 255c appered turned on and of machine and error 2557 again. I am sure i have done everything properly i ask (again)Is there any chance the provious service to to set up machine in that way when perplace dev and drum some other arrangement has to take place?[/QUOTE]

Don N.
04-12-2018, 01:20 PM
I cleared counters PC life and developer then i replaced developer again and executed F8. When F8 finished error 255c appered turned on and of machine and error 2557 again. I am sure i have done everything properly i ask (again)Is there any chance the provious service to to set up machine in that way when perplace dev and drum some other arrangement has to take place?[/QUOTE]

After clearing counters, did you exit, power off, go back & verify counters are zero before you F8? If the dev counter says 1, it's irrelevant.
When replacing dev. did you vacuum the dev unit? Possibly blown toner sensor. Are you re-using the old dev. unit? Did you in any way adjust the doctor blade? Are you aware of the upgraded spacer collars? They are pretty much mandatory to change if you're rebuilding a used dev. unit & there is wear on the old drum at the far right (rear drive) side. New dev. unit cost is about $100 if still available. I can send you a complete rebuilt drum & dev unit to pop in & F8 if you have no other units.

Have to be sure you properly fixed the toner clutch (hopper drive unit) solenoids. If they are sticking, it is dumping toner constantly & you will have the same issue.
Open the rt. door & look past the image unit to the solenoid you can see with a flashlight. It should be open, not contacting the gear. Use a long screwdriver gently to actuate it. Does it stick when you let go? If so, there is glue residue or it's magnetized due to no spacer shim.

Don N.
04-12-2018, 01:28 PM

I doubt you can run an F8 with an existing c2557 code, so I assume you are hitting the reset switch, pressing 3, entering 00000000, trouble reset, then reboot to clear the C2557. Then clear counters, power off, go back in to verify they are zero and proceed to F8. If there is no error active and PC Life counters are zero, it should F8 successfully. Now that you have a C255c, the sensor itself is bad, or dev is too far overtoned, or other problem is causing the F8 to be completely out of range. Is toner sensor plugged in? Do you have another sensor to test? If you vacuumed the dev unit out, the sensor could be blown.

Gab
04-13-2018, 11:33 PM
I doubt you can run an F8 with an existing c2557 code, so I assume you are hitting the reset switch, pressing 3, entering 00000000, trouble reset, then reboot to clear the C2557. Then clear counters, power off, go back in to verify they are zero and proceed to F8. If there is no error active and PC Life counters are zero, it should F8 successfully. Now that you have a C255c, the sensor itself is bad, or dev is too far overtoned, or other problem is causing the F8 to be completely out of range. Is toner sensor plugged in? Do you have another sensor to test? If you vacuumed the dev unit out, the sensor could be blown.[/QUOTE]

I forgot that after f8 error c255c appeared . I turned off and on machine and 2557 appeared.

Don N.
04-14-2018, 12:48 AM
Maybe I'm not being clear. RESET the code by standard error reset procedure. Are you familiar with the reset button on the right under the hidden panel where the FW card goes? watch for the dot on screen, press 3, enter 00000000, then trouble reset. You have to do it fast, before the machine aborts. If you did it fast enough, the trouble rest button beeps when pressed. Power off/on. LEAVE RT. DOOR OPEN so machine can't cycle and get another C2557. Go into service mode, Clear the PC life counters to zero, power off/on WITH RT. DOOR OPEN, now verify thePC life counters are zero, run F8.

Gab
04-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Maybe I'm not being clear. RESET the code by standard error reset procedure. Are you familiar with the reset button on the right under the hidden panel where the FW card goes? watch for the dot on screen, press 3, enter 00000000, then trouble reset. You have to do it fast, before the machine aborts. If you did it fast enough, the trouble rest button beeps when pressed. Power off/on. LEAVE RT. DOOR OPEN so machine can't cycle and get another C2557. Go into service mode, Clear the PC life counters to zero, power off/on WITH RT. DOOR OPEN, now verify thePC life counters are zero, run F8.
\
As i havw reten , i folloew service manual instructions . So i cleared PC life and developer counters , turned of machine , replaced opc and developer I didn't replaced spacers. I didn't use vacum, Executerd F8 . After F8 error c255c appeard . Turned off and on machine 2557 appeared. I have forgotten the reset procedure so i cleared again PClif and developer counters and machine permitted me to make some copies and then error 2557. I think i made all right . Any idea or there is any chance previous service man from an other company to set up machine in order to need more actions for example to run F8 3 or 4 times (example i repeat).
any idea? I havw serious problem

i.e something i forgot to write is that after F8 error 255c appeared and then after i turned off/on machine error 2557 appeared.
Also i swaped from an other machine the developer unit , put on it the new drum unit but the same.
Then i swaped the whole IU unit from the other machine but same error.
I repeat that the image is very vivid
And last when swaped developer units i noticed that magnetic roller of the machine i replaced developer has less toner than the other. But both
at the copier made very vivid copies.

Don N.
04-15-2018, 08:35 PM
You should expect when swapping the second image unit to get a c2557. Thats expected. You should install that second unit and clear PC life counters and run F8.

Custom Search