PDA

View Full Version : Difference in print quality

Custom Search

Max
03-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Morning all. I have a PDF file that has a solid band which is supposed to be very dark red but when I print it via Apple mac the solids are more pink/red than the very dark red the customer expects. Now if I save the picture on to usb and print it out by plugging it directly to the copier the solid band comes out correct. I have initialised and calibrated the copier but it made no difference. I get the same results on different copier and PC. Im guessing it has something to do with the driver on apple and PC and the way PDF its being processed and passed on to the copier. Unfortunately I dont have an Apple mac in the office so cant play around with the driver. Since its the same issue as PC perhaps a common setting I missed???
Cheers

Synthohol
03-28-2018, 01:18 PM
what application?
adobe 10 is troublesome, try printing with foxit pdf reader.
its free and works brilliantly.

Blizzoo
03-28-2018, 01:36 PM
Not sure if this applies to MAC devices but had some similar issues on different copier machine were print quality not as it should be when printing PDF's from Windows using Adobe, the fix in my case was a setting to the PDF document in Advanced->Color management->tick Let printer determine colors option and after the output was then ok. If this fails you can try to choose other options under Color Management and print.

Don N.
04-09-2018, 12:00 AM
Had an owner with Adobe Pro, but older version, like 8 or 9. Some of his colors were very rich & fuzzy, like overtoned. His secretary could print the same file on the same C252 printer with same driver using Adobe free reader ver. 10 and get better results. They both got different results with PCL driver vs. PS too. Also different results using Adobe vs. Foxit PDf or another, maybe PDF complete??? Most every program like word or Photoshop/Paintshop Pro gave different results. ALWAYS note the user/pc, program, driver/ver., software/ver. and be willing to compare PCL vs. PS, etc. Each have their strengths.

Phil B.
04-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Morning all. I have a PDF file that has a solid band which is supposed to be very dark red but when I print it via Apple mac the solids are more pink/red than the very dark red the customer expects. Now if I save the picture on to usb and print it out by plugging it directly to the copier the solid band comes out correct. I have initialised and calibrated the copier but it made no difference. I get the same results on different copier and PC. Im guessing it has something to do with the driver on apple and PC and the way PDF its being processed and passed on to the copier. Unfortunately I dont have an Apple mac in the office so cant play around with the driver. Since its the same issue as PC perhaps a common setting I missed???
Cheers

what machine? how old are drums ect? have they tried other programs to print it from?

mircea
04-10-2018, 07:53 AM
also you can check if in pdf under advanced tab for pint as image button if it's checked or not

Custom Search