PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 363 and NTLMv1

Custom Search

richmods
03-28-2018, 07:47 PM
I installed a pre-leased bizhub 363 last week for a customer and had an issue getting one of the PCs to scan to a folder. I've installed this 100s of times and have double checked all of my settings. This issue revolves around NTLMv1 or SMB1 as some like to call it. The latest versions of Windows OS and security updated disables NTLMv1 by default to protect against a nasty case of ransomware over the past year. Now, you can turn it back on in the client but in my case, I am dealing with an IT staff who says they will NOT turn it back on. As I said earlier, I only had this problem with 1 machine...because that is the only machine that got all of its security updates thus, turning off NTLMv1. The other machines did not get their updates so I was able to get those working. Having said that, the IT staff quickly disabled NTLMv1 on the rest of the clients. So, my question for the experts is...short of setting up scan to email...is there a work around? this is not an active directory so NTLMv2 is not an option.

907tec
03-28-2018, 08:18 PM
It's not quite as fancy, but FTP is a quick and easy alternative. You can still get the old-school FTP utility from the KM One-Stop site, or use a free program like FileZilla. In the last few weeks, I've stopped even trying to mess with SMB/NTLM/Whatever Windows security settings.

richmods
03-28-2018, 08:29 PM
It's not quite as fancy, but FTP is a quick and easy alternative. You can still get the old-school FTP utility from the KM One-Stop site, or use a free program like FileZilla. In the last few weeks, I've stopped even trying to mess with SMB/NTLM/Whatever Windows security settings.

it may come to that...thanks for the response.

Synthohol
03-28-2018, 08:45 PM
Enable scan to flash drive so it won't matter. When the users get tired of jockeying the usb drive back and forth maybe they will change their minds.
I hate network nazis

mincopier
03-28-2018, 09:37 PM
Upgrade the firmware on the copier.

Try enabling NTLMV1/NTLMV2 under Administrator settings, Network Settings, SMB Client settings, NTLMV1/NTLM2

mo0651
03-28-2018, 09:50 PM
I agree with Synthohol. Enable the thumb drive scanning. I don't think KonicaMinolta wrote a firmware fix for this SMB2.0 anyway. When they get tired of using the USB. Then the IT staff will have to set up something else. Blame the IT dept. and walk away.:cool:

richmods
03-28-2018, 10:49 PM
Upgrade the firmware on the copier.

Try enabling NTLMV1/NTLMV2 under Administrator settings, Network Settings, SMB Client settings, NTLMV1/NTLM2

I have NTLMv1 and v2 enabled on the copier....the IT people have disabled it on the user end.

Upgrading FW on Monday..I'll update you all after I do that.

richmods
03-28-2018, 10:51 PM
Enable scan to flash drive so it won't matter. When the users get tired of jockeying the usb drive back and forth maybe they will change their minds.
I hate network nazis

Good idea...I actually do have that enabled.

rrrohan
03-29-2018, 12:53 AM
Well ransom virus is definitely something to avoid. What's more annoying not being able to scan or having entire company crippled by virus.

Just do FTP or email

B0265
03-29-2018, 08:26 AM
I havn't worked on the 363 so I don't know if will support SMB v2/v3 or not but just to avoid confusion:
NTLM is a protocol for network authentication while SMB is a communication protocol for sharing resources like files and printers.

Don N.
04-08-2018, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hijack the post, but does anyone know why this 3 series has not shown up on KMBS 3 year out end of life list? The 4 series (non-e) is there. This is older, but still going strong...
Thanks

richmods
04-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Firmware did not fix this issue for the bizhub 363. According to what I am being told, there are no plans to provide firmware for this machine to address this. From what I have read, only the 8th gen series is capable of scanning using smb v2/3 provided the firmware is up to date. There are several machines that KM is developing FW for to be release this summer to fix this. I have also been told that this is the reason the "e" series came out. I have replaced the 363 with a 364e and as I write this am in the process of updating to K6 firmware. I was told that the 364e will work if the FW is at K6. Updating from K5 to K6 is taking forever...55 mins so far.

Don N.
04-12-2018, 07:42 PM
I flash every 4e series we rebuild with K6 fw. Never took more than maybe 15-20 min.

richmods
04-12-2018, 07:51 PM
I flash every 4e series we rebuild with K6 fw. Never took more than maybe 15-20 min.

that's what I thought...any idea why this is taking so long...now at 2hrs The ADF and Scanner loaded fine but is hung up on printer and MFP.

Don N.
04-12-2018, 09:19 PM
that's what I thought...any idea why this is taking so long...now at 2hrs The ADF and Scanner loaded fine but is hung up on printer and MFP.

I hope your SSD is at ver. 6.03 or higher and isn't going bad. Have you run the SSD tool that determines if the SSD board is at SSD FW ver. 6.03 and if the board is still good? A blue dot on the back cover by the serial number indicates it was taken care of. Are you familiar with bulletin 9132 on SSD anomoly?

richmods
04-13-2018, 06:31 PM
I hope your SSD is at ver. 6.03 or higher and isn't going bad. Have you run the SSD tool that determines if the SSD board is at SSD FW ver. 6.03 and if the board is still good? A blue dot on the back cover by the serial number indicates it was taken care of. Are you familiar with bulletin 9132 on SSD anomoly?
Yes
thanks for the info...turned out to be corrupt firmware. Downloaded a fresh copy and it finished in 10 min. Everything seems to be fine now.

Custom Search