PDA

View Full Version : Cannot uninstall Hard Drive on C364e

Custom Search

SAR
03-29-2018, 05:48 PM
When I go into service mode, system2, HDD, and I press the not installed button, nothing happens. I've done a logical format and that took a lot longer than normal, still no luck. Anyone seen this before?

Synthohol
03-29-2018, 10:24 PM
it can take up to 30 seconds for it to switch from installed to not installed and vice versa.
be patient, it will switch over, just dont leave the screen.

rrrohan
03-31-2018, 02:24 AM
I've found that if copier is set to dhcp and is not plugged into network and therefore still searching for a IP address turning on card reader won't work. When it gives up it works. Might be same for hard disk.

antone
03-31-2018, 02:37 AM
When I go into service mode, system2, HDD, and I press the not installed button, nothing happens. I've done a logical format and that took a lot longer than normal, still no luck. Anyone seen this before?Some time it takes awhile to uninstall

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

copyrooks
04-02-2018, 02:31 PM
You can try doing the trouble reset procedure but, go into service mode before pressing trouble reset and try to unmount it that way. Good luck

SAR
04-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the replies! I'm familiar with the delay when you try to uninstall these, but this one never would uninstall. I finally cleared all data and reinstalled the HDD and did Physical format. Seems to be working fine. I also updated SSD and copier firmware. Maybe it was just a glitch.

rrrohan
04-04-2018, 03:25 AM
Curious as to how long physical format took. I was always told that logical was good enough and that physical takes way longer with no benifit

Don N.
04-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Curious as to how long physical format took. I was always told that logical was good enough and that physical takes way longer with no benifit
I did a physical format on a BH363 and I went to lunch & came back. Something like an hour, but don't really remember. Logical should be all you need.

Off topic, but I was trying an SSD about 3 years ago to speed up OCR/Searchable PDF on large 80+ page network scans. Thought the speed bottleneck was the HDD, but with a waaaay faster SSD, it took the same length of time. The processor is the problem. Customer stopped using Searchable PDF for any sizable docs. Faster to just scan to PC, then OCR with Adobe.

Custom Search