PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7030 Print Problems

Custom Search

skeptik
09-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Recently had to work on a Konica 7030, with an IP-011 Print Controller, and a DF-314 Document feeder.

It copies fine.

When you send a print job to the printer, it displays the domain username on client company's network in "*******" with the IP it came from, the file name, & amount of pages.

This comes out in a one page format. It does not print anything else. It will continue to print a one page output for every job sent to it.

I was told it was the wrong print controller for this copier, is there a workaround for this or could i be misinformed?

Thanks in advance.

--
Troubleshooting already done
New drivers loaded on the Domain Controller.
Hooked up directly to computer with CAT-5 Cable. Same result.

Albonline
09-19-2008, 07:55 PM
ip011 is a gdi device. all spooling is done on server or pc sending job. so i seems the sever is not sending end of page symbol.

skeptik
09-19-2008, 08:09 PM
So if this is hooked directly to the network it wont just print jobs it has to go through the server?

Albonline
09-19-2008, 08:25 PM
no jobs spool on sending pc.

skeptik
09-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I've learned that the reason it prints this way is because it was locked down by the previous administrator. No one has the password. Is there a way to reset this for the Konica 7030 w/IP-011?

skeptik
09-19-2008, 10:15 PM
I was able to get it to print from one computer on the network with administrator access, after adding it as an internet printer with local drivers. For everyone else at this company they are on limited user accounts and unable to add an internet printer, also if i log in as admin on the individual machines i can add it and it shows up as ready, but does not print, nor show anything waiting to print.

the address i added was http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:621/Print

pepper38_cnd
09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
It sounds to me like what your getting is the banner page. Go to the IP settings and turn that off. What level is the IP at and what driver are you using? The IP must be at level 3 or higher to print from XP.

pepper38_cnd
09-19-2008, 10:29 PM
I've learned that the reason it prints this way is because it was locked down by the previous administrator. No one has the password. Is there a way to reset this for the Konica 7030 w/IP-011?

The IP-011 uses an old KN card to reset remove card place the jumper marked fact or user depending on the card, install card and boot machine, after 5 minutes turn off machine remove card and put jumpper back to original position. Reinstall card and it will be at orriginal factory setting, default password "sysadm".

skeptik
09-19-2008, 11:10 PM
It's not the banner that is disabled, and cannot be changed because i do not have the password.

On the Card itself i have opened it up and i can post a picture if nessecary but there are no jumpers labeled fact or user.

Only JP2 with 3 pins CS2 and CS1 are the labeled positions.

There is another set of jumpers on the opposite site of the card which labeled positions are:
ON OP7 (3pins)
ON OP5 (3pins)
T.B. OP4 (3pins)
P.A. OP3 (3pins)
OP2 (3pins)
BYPASS OP6 (2pins)
Test OP1 (2pins)

Could you provide some furhter assistance on this?

pepper38_cnd
09-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Sorry my memory failed me as to which card was in that unit. Here is what you are looking for.

skeptik
09-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Much appreciated, about to test.

Thanks in advance, will get back to you either way.

skeptik
09-20-2008, 05:07 PM
I did this and now when I go to settings it does not give me the option to do Network config or print net config page.

I waitied 5-10 Min just because. same issue.
physically removed the card and reset it.

same issue. (waited some ttme again as well)

any ideas?

pepper38_cnd
09-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Did you return the jumpers to there propper location. It may be that when the card has no settings ( factory default ) that you have to set it the first time using BootP.

skeptik
09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I Reseeded the IP-011, the jumpers had already been returned to their original position.

I was also now able to login into the webface GUI and the default password was reset.

Now it shows up on the network with a network IP address but still does not show up the Directory.

skeptik
09-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Everything is in order. The password has been reset theres no hardware damage it copies perfectly and even pulls an IP when set as static or DHCP enabled. Both IP Settings allow me to connect it as an Internet Printer through http://the.ip.add.ress:631/Print. It works perfectly in this fashion except that limited user PC cannot add an internet printer, nor once installed as Admin will it work after switching back to the limited user account. You cannot share an Internet Printer so this work around is not even an option. Is there some simple easy to overlook thing that I may have not dug into?

pepper38_cnd
09-22-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm not sure what exactly it is you are trying to accomplish. If I understand your IP and NIC are now functioning. If you are in a server environment, simply set the printer up on the server as a local printer standard TC/IP port and share it out. It will then be in the directory at that point. If you are in a P2P environment then load it as a local printer on each work station via a standard TC/IP port. Again be certain the IP firmware is at level 3 or higher anything below that will not print properly from anything but Windows 95/98.

Albonline
09-22-2008, 09:38 PM
when installing as a network printer . you must change the port from 9100 to 10000.

pepper38_cnd
09-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I think you will find it works better with the port set to LPR and the Que name Prn1.

skeptik
09-23-2008, 05:25 PM
These people updated from Server 2000 to Server 2003 on their Domain Controller / Exchange server without updating the printer group policy's.

I think this is the root of the problems, all assitance given is much appreciated. And all was useful.

If it appears there is more to this I will post again.

Custom Search