PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C353 Heat Issue?

Custom Search

jonhamil
04-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Hi

I have an Ineo+ Develop 353+ which is a rebadged Konica Minolta C353. It has been working fine on very low demand for the past 9 months (I bought it secondhand from a dealer).

Recently, I worked it a little harder and attempted a longer run. After a while it started producing output like the attached.

Looks like rainbow heat marks of some kind. Is this indicative of a faulty fuser possibly? I am technically minded but new to printer / copier repairs.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jonathan

copyman
04-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Never saw anything like that that caused by fuser/heat.

What do the internal test pages look like? Is it happening with just B&W pages? If you print just the B&W config page?

It could be caused by a few different things, Image unit(s), transfer belt, etc

Have you cleaned the print heads with the cleaning wand?

Do the stabilization & graduation adjustments?

Are you using genuine or aftermarket toners?

3ktlc
04-02-2018, 01:41 PM
I would lean toward to image unit.

jonhamil
04-02-2018, 02:00 PM
Never saw anything like that that caused by fuser/heat.

What do the internal test pages look like? Is it happening with just B&W pages? If you print just the B&W config page?

It could be caused by a few different things, Image unit(s), transfer belt, etc

Have you cleaned the print heads with the cleaning wand?

Do the stabilization & graduation adjustments?

Are you using genuine or aftermarket toners?

Thank you for the fast response and great questions.

I have not done internal test pages - not aware of how to access these?
Also, not sure if this is a relevant test, because when running a low volume batch, the printing is fine, it is only on a long batch after it has been running for a while, hence my (possibly mis-placed) theory that it is heat related.

It happens on colour and B&W pages.

It has had a new transfer belt recently. The firm that sold it to me - they tore the transfer belt when they installed the folding / booklet finisher and then came back to replace at their cost. Of course they may have used a crappy 2nd hand one, but it is unlikely.

I have cleaned the print heads with the wand and also pulled and pushed the plastic sticks in and out on the drum units.

Do the stabilization & graduation adjustments? - sorry I don't understand, please can you explain for a novice?

Using genuine toner.

By imagining unit, I presume you mean the black drum? Am concerned that it could be one or more of the other drums which could be an expensive investigation. Is there a test I can run that will give us some direction?

Many thanks again,

Jonathan

jonhamil
04-02-2018, 02:01 PM
I would lean toward to image unit.

Thanks - do you mean the black drum?

Is there a way to be more sure?

Many thanks,

copyman
04-02-2018, 02:25 PM
print the internal test page this way:

Touch, Utility key, user settings, printer settings, print test pages (or print reports), select config page, then blue print button, this is for B&W only.

Then print demo page same way for color.

The graduation adjustment can be done in admin mode or service mode. I suggest if you are end user to download the "user" manuals to see how to do procedure, very easy but hard to explain. You get into admin mode by pressing utility key, admin mode, enter password, usually 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.

Proceed with caution! Don't mess with these setting unless you are following instructions from manual.

mo0651
04-02-2018, 02:25 PM
We run SINGLE COLOR test copies to see if it effects all colors. If it does it could be Transfer belt or the cleaning system.:cool:

jonhamil
04-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Many thanks - will run the test pages, scan and post back up here later on when I am back home.

Have the user manuals, will look up graduation adjustment - following instructions I am fine with :-)

Many thanks again,

Jonathan

jonhamil
04-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Just checked - nothing in the user manual re. graduation adjustment. Will look for an engineer manual, think I am going to need it in any case.

J

copier addict
04-02-2018, 05:44 PM
If you only see it on long runs it most likely the imaging units. Look on the faulty print to see what colour the lines are. Whatever colour you see is the problem IU.

jonhamil
04-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Many thanks indeed for all suggestions.

All on hold while I sort out the toner:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/128569-ineo-develop-353-rebadged-konica-bizhub-c353-toner-query.html#post600267

Will revert shortly..

3ktlc
04-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Black developer unit.

jonhamil
04-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Thank you again for all of your suggestions and comments which are very much appreciated.

Ok - Update:

- The printer is now running again as I cut off the lugs on the yellow toner which had run out.
- Have run a b&w and colour test page which come out perfect:

39321 39322

- Have done a proper scan of one of the pages that came out with the 'rainbow' effect. The scan is very faint, so have run it through Photoshop, increased the intensity and it does appear yellow:

Questions:

- Does this firmly imply Yellow drum needs replacing? Seems like quite a co-incidence since I have just had to replace the yellow toner.
- Should I still do the gradation / graduation adjustments?

Other unrelated question:
- I use 90 / 100gsm paper. Should I specify this in the settings somewhere? I can't see a setting for it.

Thank you again in advance,

Jonathan

eccelobo
04-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Thank you again for all of your suggestions and comments which are very much appreciated.

Ok - Update:

- The printer is now running again as I cut off the lugs on the yellow toner which had run out.
- Have run a b&w and colour test page which come out perfect:

39321 39322

- Have done a proper scan of one of the pages that came out with the 'rainbow' effect. The scan is very faint, so have run it through Photoshop, increased the intensity and it does appear yellow:

Questions:

- Does this firmly imply Yellow drum needs replacing? Seems like quite a co-incidence since I have just had to replace the yellow toner.
- Should I still do the gradation / graduation adjustments?

Other unrelated question:
- I use 90 / 100gsm paper. Should I specify this in the settings somewhere? I can't see a setting for it.

Thank you again in advance,

JonathanTry setting thick or thick 2 paper type. It happened to me with plain paper the same lines, I put it in thick 2 mode and went without lines. Strange but efficient.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920V mediante Tapatalk

Anson Tay
04-04-2018, 12:34 AM
Hi

I have an Ineo+ Develop 353+ which is a rebadged Konica Minolta C353. It has been working fine on very low demand for the past 9 months (I bought it secondhand from a dealer).

Recently, I worked it a little harder and attempted a longer run. After a while it started producing output like the attached.

Looks like rainbow heat marks of some kind. Is this indicative of a faulty fuser possibly? I am technically minded but new to printer / copier repairs.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

JonathanHave u try to replace the Drum & clean the charging wire?
U can clean the wire first, if can't then u may try to replace the drum.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

jonhamil
04-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Hi all

Would you recommend that I change the black drum or the yellow drum? Marks appear yellow but.. yellow toner just ran out and needed replacing.

It's an expensive call, so would really appreciate some guidance?

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Custom Search