PDA

View Full Version : Biz 552 B&W waste toner issue

Custom Search

copyman
04-03-2018, 06:53 PM
This has been an ongoing problem for around 6 months. Installed new drum for lines. About a month later customer calls for lines again. Go there and waste toner is built up inside drum cleaning unit. Vacuum out check that auger is turning reinstall and all is good. This has happened 3 times already even after a new OEM drum & waste box. It looks like the cleaning unit gets drive from the developer unit? Developer unit was also replaced last year.

Next time there I need to jump front door interlock and verify that cleaning unit auger is turning, I suspect it's not.

Anyone ever see this before?

Thanks

Synthohol
04-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Real toner or dirt-in-a-bottle? Never saw with OEM supplies.
Is it really humid there?

copyman
04-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Everything Genuine K/M. Definitely toner not developer that's backed up in cleaning unit. Forgot to mention that there are always hard chunks of toner in the long chute that goes into waste box. Figured this is because it sits close to fuser and not moving. Other theory was that was why it was backing up the waste toner, so checked heat settings and all set normal at "0". I would suspect this from a low volume customer but they run 400K a year.
Like I posted, unless someone has seen this before next time there I will definitely verify that auger is turning by leaving front door open and waste box off while running the machine!

Custom Search