PDA

View Full Version : Connection to the outside Wired + Wireless (seconday mode)

Custom Search

Bix
04-05-2018, 02:50 PM
hi, in a bizhub I configured the wireless network like this: wired + wireless (secondary mode).

The printer is connected by a LAN cable to a network while the wireless is connected to another network (protected by a firewall).

Now the scan to email no longer works.

I think because the MFP tries to go out with the wireless (protected by firewall) instead of the wired.

In your opinion, what can it be?

Synthohol
04-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Is the DNS and gateway correct in the wireless settings?
it shouldn't matter which network it uses as long as the DNS and gateway are properly configured.
If the wireless is on a different subnet there is no more scan to smb unless there is a bridge for the 2 networks. Or at least forwarding.
Check the firewall settings to allow traffic to and from port 25, 587 or 465 depending on which the email server uses.
Good luck.

Bix
04-05-2018, 03:33 PM
first of all, thanks for the reply! Exactly, the wireless network is in another subnet. I verified that the Scan to Folder (SMB) worked correctly.

From the report that comes to me, it does not just scan to email. I state that the wireless was installed later. So first the scan to email worked with the wired.

In your opinion, if it works SMB should it also work Scan to Email, if nothing has changed?

Thanks again.

See you soon

Synthohol
04-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Is smb scans to IP address or host name?
Is the email server using a host name or IP address.?

Bix
04-06-2018, 07:58 AM
Now that I think about it, the SMB scan was with IP while it scanned to email with hostname (Google SMTP).

At this point, it could be a DNS problem. Maybe this bridge has inherited some firewall rule coming from the Wireless network

Don N.
04-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Not knowing if you ever had scan to email running, you know the admin email address is mandatory, right? Do you get server connect error, or what?

Custom Search