PDA

View Full Version : Biz C454 saddle stitch ?

Custom Search

copyman
04-05-2018, 11:57 PM
Think I'm like most techs and don't know much about the advanced end user stuff with copiers. Mostly know the basic stuff like 2 side, finishing/stapling, etc

Had a customer come to shop to look at this C454 to buy. The main thing they said it needed to do was "copy" and saddle stitch a 8.5x11 6 page booklet they brought with them. I said no problem, easy. Lol, I spoke too soon. I removed the 2 staples and separated the 6 pages, put them in doc feeder "R" direction, selected booklet/staple, but when I hit OK for the settings it keeps wanting to reduce it to 64%. If I change it back to 100% it is off the page. Tried all different stuff looking like a fool for like 30 mins, then told them I would have to get back to them. My thinking is if this booklet was produced on a copier I should be able to copy it?

Funny I had all the usual demo stuff ready for this customer, test charts on a USB drive, different types of thick paper, 2 sided originals, etc and all they cared about was doing this booklet. Ha-ha. Hopefully it can do it or I lost a sale!

Thanks in advance

Flash
04-06-2018, 12:33 AM
Since the document is already in booklet form you just need to select 2-sided to 2-sided and select center fold and staple.

blackcat4866
04-06-2018, 12:57 AM
You're using two-up originals. That is two page images on each original. The booklet function is designed for one-up originals, or one page image per original. It's simple enough to lay out your originals one-up, or copy 2-2 duplex like flash suggested. =^..^=

copier addict
04-06-2018, 01:15 PM
There is a setting in user mode where you can turn the auto booklet mode off. I can't remember the exact buttons to push. It is called "Auto booklet on when fold and staple" turn it off and it will allow you to fold and staple exactly what you put through the DF

Don N.
04-09-2018, 12:20 AM
GAWD I wish I had this thread last time a customer ambushed me with that crap! I like to tell them "It's like Nascar. I'm the mechanic and you're the driver! I'll be glad to check the USER manual, you know, the one we gave you when you bought the machine? They don't include much USER stuff in the SERVICE manuals"
Have to get back to you, or have someone in sales help you...
Am I the only one?

I did learn that the SD options I've seen (I have only sold a few) only fold about 4 sheets of plain paper, and won't fold much or any thick paper.

blackcat4866
04-09-2018, 02:06 AM
Correct. Limitation is (1) 52-209gsm cover page with (19) 52-90gsm pages or (20) 52-90gsm pages.
It seems like the folks that buy these finisher/saddlestitchers want to print 50pgs of 199gsm media... and it just won't. =^..^=

copyman
04-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Thanks to everyone that replied. I'm almost there with changing the auto booklet setting to off . Now 2nd side of every page is upside down, but in correct order.

I put 4 double sided 8.5x11r originals in feeder, select duplex 2 to 2, select staple & fold. There must be one more setting so it doesn't turn 2nd side upside down?

Thanks again

Synthohol
04-20-2018, 10:50 PM
put in feeder portrait, select the landscape tray (r) and the auto rotate should take care of the rest.

copier addict
04-22-2018, 03:59 PM
Thanks to everyone that replied. I'm almost there with changing the auto booklet setting to off . Now 2nd side of every page is upside down, but in correct order.

I put 4 double sided 8.5x11r originals in feeder, select duplex 2 to 2, select staple & fold. There must be one more setting so it doesn't turn 2nd side upside down?

Thanks again

All you have to do is change the bind position. I think left bind is the one you want, but you may need to experiment.

copyman
04-22-2018, 05:22 PM
Thanks copier addict. Left bind worked !!!

Blizzoo
04-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Just wanted to thank you for bringing up this thread, this helped me to successfully demonstrate to customer how to copy an A5 booklet to their Toshiba MFP after some trial and error ;), I knew I have been read this thread before here on CTN.

Custom Search