PDA

View Full Version : C451 IUs Reset Problem

Custom Search

mdtrinh
04-06-2018, 10:07 PM
I am facing a strange problem as never happen to me before.
- Copier shown with IUs (yellow, magenta, cyan) need to replace pop up message.
- Make a color test pages, they look sharp & clean.
- Replace reset chips to each IU to reset pop up message.
- It shows C255B (IU yellow TCR adjustment error), clean sensor -> no good, install old chip back.
- C255B error gone, but C255A error show up, install old magenta chip back.
- C255A error gone, but C2559 error show up, install old cyan chip back.
- Now, everything function normal, all TCR levels around ~ 7.0.
I am back to square one with the pop up message.
Please help

Synthohol
04-06-2018, 10:40 PM
turn off consumable life reminders.
or god forbid replace them with new ones not just the friggin meter chip!!!

mdtrinh
04-06-2018, 11:05 PM
turn off consumable life reminders.
or god forbid replace them with new ones not just the friggin meter chip!!!

Already tried setting according to tech bulletin # 8607, only this copier still shown, others 5 machine were off in life reminder.
Copies still look good & clean, why waste good ius, try to be environmental friendly.

copyman
04-06-2018, 11:07 PM
Possible chips labeled wrong, and not for that model? Anytime chips are replaced, especially on these older models anything can happen but for all 3 chips to code out is very strange and makes me think they are wrong chips. Did the quality look good before chipping?

I would try chips from different supplier. Worth a shot, a lot cheaper then new IU's !!!

mdtrinh
04-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Possible chips labeled wrong, and not for that model? Anytime chips are replaced, especially on these older models anything can happen but for all 3 chips to code out is very strange and makes me think they are wrong chips. Did the quality look good before chipping?

I would try chips from different supplier. Worth a shot, a lot cheaper then new IU's !!!

Yes, it looks sharp & clean before chip, re-install old chips for now to avoid machine down until it can be resolved.
At this point, everything work but annoying pop up message.

Synthohol
04-07-2018, 12:49 AM
is the firmware the latest? or the same as the successfully message free ones?

mdtrinh
04-07-2018, 12:58 AM
is the firmware the latest? or the same as the successfully message free ones?

Yes, it is same firmware with the rest of other machine and I cannot figure it out why it is after checking firmware, setting.

Synthohol
04-07-2018, 03:32 PM
print the list output for both machines and compare the bit switch pages.

Blizzoo
04-08-2018, 02:53 PM
I know that if you put new chips on used IU's the machine will consider the IU's are new and adjust the TCR lever wich fails due to the fact that the units are already used.

copier tech
04-08-2018, 06:01 PM
No need to waste money on these chips, update the life stop fw & turn off the “replace image unit mesage” as said before repacing the chips the machine will calibrate new IU values yet the drum is old/worn!

copyman
04-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Sometimes even with F/W updated on these older models if you wait until replace IU messages are on display they will not turn off. Then only alternative is to chip them. Been there done that many times! I have also replaced the chips countless times and never had any issues with TCR, etc. The IU's last another full cycle after new chip. Also had a few C451's that IU's ran to 500k+ with messages turned off.

The only time I had real issues with chipping IU's was with the C250/252. This was hit or miss with the result.

mdtrinh
04-10-2018, 02:20 AM
I know that if you put new chips on used IU's the machine will consider the IU's are new and adjust the TCR lever wich fails due to the fact that the units are already used.

You are right, I just copy data from used unit (only showed one bar usage) to previously TCR problem chips. and it works.
Now, I have some used IUs unit data to play around, avoid using brand new unit data as previously done.
Thanks guys

Custom Search