PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C451 ghost misfeed on reboot after replacing fuser and transfer belt unit

Custom Search

christcommunitychurch
04-10-2018, 02:25 AM
Just replaced the fuser, transfer belt unit and the spongy roller in the door that presses against the transfer belt in our C451 with less used units out of a second hand C451 we purchased. On rebooting the printer is stating there is a misfeed detected and indicates to check the bypass tray, tray 1, tray 2 and tray 4. There is no paper in there as we haven't printed anything. Opening and closing the trays and the door does nothing. Usually when there is a misfeed or jam and you open and close a tray it will be removed from the display as an area to check but this is not occurring. I have tried putting the older fuser and transfer belt unit back it but that doesn't resolve the issue. Tried to trouble reset and power cycle but the problem persists. I'm guessing this is some kind of sensor issue caused by replacing the fuser or the roller as I have taken the transfer belt unit out before and not had any issues. Also it doesn't show up on the jam history list in service mode so I don't have a jam code. Any suggestions on what the problem is and how we can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

AjitN
04-10-2018, 05:08 AM
I'm guessing this is some kind of sensor issue caused by replacing the fuser or the roller as I have taken the transfer belt unit out before and not had any issues. Also it doesn't show up on the jam history list in service mode so I don't have a jam code. Any suggestions on what the problem is and how we can fix it?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Just to confirm, put back old units & confirm there is jamming signal.
If all units are OEM, I do not think there should be any problem, just while replacement you have touched something else around
Hope this helps

christcommunitychurch
04-10-2018, 06:42 AM
I've tried putting the old ones back in there but not both at the same time. I put the old fuser back in and that didn't change anything. Then I put the new fuser back in and put the old transfer belt in. Hasn't made any difference. I haven't tried changing the roller on the door back over though. I've also run the sensor check but not sure what to look for...

Custom Search