PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 920

Custom Search

Figu
04-10-2018, 06:18 AM
Hi all,

I have Pro 920 and need to get to the service mode but utility --- details ---stop 00 stop 01 does not work for me. Could you advise please how to get there?

methogod
04-10-2018, 06:27 AM
That's correct...

can always enter by holding utility at startup. Not sure why you cant enter.

Figu
04-10-2018, 06:37 AM
That's correct...

can always enter by holding utility at startup. Not sure why you cant enter.

Thank you very much for the help, it worked. :)

Figu
04-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Now the device prints almost blank pages. the image is very faint and on the top part of the page only. I checked the developer unit, removed the filter sponge from the tope and it looks almost empty. Could that be the reason?

3ktlc
04-10-2018, 01:47 PM
Is the developer unit almost empty or the toner hopper low on toner? If the developer unit is low on developer, why? Is it being pulled out or leaking? Check the seals. That model had problems with leaking developer.

AjitN
04-10-2018, 02:03 PM
now the device prints almost blank pages. The image is very faint and on the top part of the page only. I checked the developer unit, removed the filter sponge from the tope and it looks almost empty. Could that be the reason?

sir
due respect to you, but r u really tech or end user?
There could be various reasons for that problem and it is very dangerous if you are not used to such problem solving.
Hope this helps

blackcat4866
04-11-2018, 01:06 AM
Now you know that the developing unit comes to you empty, and developer must be added, and several service modes run. Did you do any of those things? Preferably all of them? =^..^=

methogod
04-11-2018, 05:37 AM
10 to 1 its an old machine been stilling for over a year, prob need full consumables, pm, etc....

Figu
04-11-2018, 06:30 AM
I am not an engineer but a technical person, dealing mainly with Xerox and HP.
I have now received this device from the regional office. It was not used for over a year.
I received it with code 3801 error, thermistor issue. I cleaned the fusser from all the rubbish and reset the dipsw 3 1 to 0, error gone.
Now I am having issue with a faint, light copies.
I am attaching images of the developing unit with removed cover and image of the copy quality (ignore the toner spillage on the paper).

Now you know that the developing unit comes to you empty, and developer must be added, and several service modes run. Did you do any of those things? Preferably all of them? =^..^=
I have not run any service modes yet, as don't know which and where, could you advise on this please?393953939639397

methogod
04-11-2018, 07:05 AM
Would replace the Developer.
Make sure the toner is shaken up good after that, sitting for a year, in a hot warehouse, may have melted toner

How many total clicks on meter?
How many on drum?
How many on PM?
How many on DV Cycle?
(press utilities, then details)

Figu
04-11-2018, 07:56 AM
Would replace the Developer.
Make sure the toner is shaken up good after that, sitting for a year, in a hot warehouse, may have melted toner

How many total clicks on meter?
How many on drum?
How many on PM?
How many on DV Cycle?
(press utilities, then details)

Attaching the image with the details

3ktlc
04-11-2018, 02:01 PM
Sounds like you need to start with a full pm. PM kit, developer, drum, etc. Make sure you do all the adjustments.

Albonline
04-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Attaching the image with the details

if the counters are correct you should be making good prints. the toner may be caked up in the delivery system (air/ vacuum ) try adding a few teaspoons directly to the developer mix and test.

Toxic
04-11-2018, 09:05 PM
I think somebody just reset DV,DR counters without changing anything.
When you get new developer it comes in 2 bags and developing unit should be almost full when pour new developer in it.
In the photo it is obvious developer is very low.

methogod
04-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Would add new DV to DV unit... and go from there...

Bring this machine back to 0 (fresh start)....
and work outwards..

I would check if they cleared parts counters... see what life really is...

blackcat4866
04-12-2018, 01:30 AM
Since you don't say so, I'm going to guess that you did not add any developer. And what we're seeing is the little bit of toner that the machine is desperately trying to add.

Do yourself a favor. Hire a professional. It will save you a lot of money. =^..^=

Figu
04-12-2018, 05:23 AM
Since you don't say so, I'm going to guess that you did not add any developer. And what we're seeing is the little bit of toner that the machine is desperately trying to add.

Do yourself a favor. Hire a professional. It will save you a lot of money. =^..^=

The counters are mostlikely reset.
I have not added anything yet, just ordered a developer. Ihave new toner cartridges but I think it will be better to wait for thedeveloper to arrive and replace them after a good clean.
I would hire a professional, but in the remote are that Ilive there are none. I have no problem replacing, disassembling and puttingback together the unit, but always appreciate help and tips from experiencedones.

You mentioned about several service mode that needs to be initiated, could you tell me which one please?

methogod
04-12-2018, 06:14 AM
can you get into service mode the normal way? stop 0 stop 01?

i would obtain the service manual first and foremost....

Figu
04-12-2018, 07:44 AM
can you get into service mode the normal way? stop 0 stop 01?

i would obtain the service manual first and foremost....

Yes, service mode is accessable via stop 00 stop 01.

I have the manual, so far all the work done by me is using that manual.

Custom Search