PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C227 "Insufficient Memory" . Error.

Custom Search

stickfly
04-11-2018, 03:06 PM
Hi,
Have a customers machine giving an error when he tries to scan a large number of pages. The error is : "The job has been deleted due to insufficient memory" displayed on the C227. The machine is only 2 months old and has only made 1500 BW prints and 150 Colour prints.
He is scanning to 2 mac's and the error appears after the document processor has fed 50 or more pages, nothing arriving at the mac's at all. I have also tried scanning to my own mac using a crossover cable but get the same error.
I have tried a new HDD but get the same error. ( I used the new HDD on a C227 in our showroom yesterday and managed to scan 100 plus pages to my mac with no problems ).
The scanning properties are : 300dpi and Compact PDF but it does not matter what dpi or scan type you select.
I have run out of ideas apart from changing the MFPB so has anyone here had this problem ?
Also, I know that this operator is one that has messed with settings in the past few weeks, are there any settings for security etc that I should be checking that would cause the machine to do this.

Many thanks ....... Gary

mo0651
04-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Double check that HDD is electronically installed. Perhaps perform logical and physical format.:cool:

femaster
04-24-2018, 01:00 AM
Only found 2 things in the un-Knowledge base on KM website. One is, make sure the HDD is set and operational, otherwise:

Insufficient Memory message, also CE301 or CFA14 error codes.
Problem Solution

ID: KBA00035555
Related Products:bizhub MarketPlace,bizhub 227,bizhub 287,bizhub 308,bizhub 367,bizhub 368,bizhub 458,bizhub 558,bizhub 808,bizhub 958,bizhub C227,bizhub C258,bizhub C287,bizhub C308,bizhub C368,bizhub C3851FS,bizhub C458,bizhub C658

Problem: Insufficient Memory message, also CE301 or CFA14 error codes.

CAUSE: Problem causing CE301 by operation of screen transition of browser application. Problem with CFA14 caused by repeated operation of launching OpenAPI application / MFP standard function(copy etc) from IWS application

SOLUTION: Some Special firmwares are available: GG1-R9 should resolve both these error codes.
If CFA14 is not resolved then update to GG6-R9 which is available for most models in this series, should be available for the other machines by end of March 2018 .

copier tech
04-24-2018, 07:37 AM
Yes if the HDD is set & working then update to the latest firmware & function version.

These 7 series have been a bit 'buggy' not as stable as previous models.

Bix
04-24-2018, 11:12 AM
Hi, are you sure that by memory you mean HDD? I think he means RAM.

I've had this problem recently with some customers. The problem happens when printing a PDF from Chrome browser. In fact if they try to print from Word / Excel the problem does not occur. Or just that first download the file and then print it.

I advise you to turn the machine off and on again. In this way you will empty the ram

bsm2
04-24-2018, 11:38 AM
Did you do a clear memory?
Backup your address book

copierbarnsley
01-28-2021, 12:37 PM
Hi

Did you find the cause of this? We are having the same issue when scanning to email on a specific user but only on certain days at certain times. We are looking more towards space in the mailbox rather than a machine issue but still not 100% sure.

Thanks

copier tech
01-28-2021, 01:19 PM
Hi

Did you find the cause of this? We are having the same issue when scanning to email on a specific user but only on certain days at certain times. We are looking more towards space in the mailbox rather than a machine issue but still not 100% sure.

Thanks

Check in CE mode If the HDD is set & working, then update to the latest firmware & function version.

tsbservice
01-28-2021, 01:24 PM
@copierbarnsley try this:
[Administrator Settings]> [System Settings]> [PDF Settings]> [Compact PDF Settings]>[Prioritize Quality]
Set Software SW No.103 0x04
Good luck

Bix
01-28-2021, 01:40 PM
Hi

Thanks
I had the same problem as you and I still don't know if it has been solved. Also in my case a full mailbox was suspected.

mojorolla
01-28-2021, 02:26 PM
Solution
CAUSE: Insufficient scan transmission when scanning Compact PDF, Compact XPS, PPTX, DOCX and XLSX.

SOLUTION: To increase the scan transmission time, please make the following setting changes.

[CAUTION]
1. To set the processing method to use the CPU in the same way as without the expansion memory installed when generating a Compact PDF. (bit 2)

Software SW No.103 0x00: This setting is not applied. (default)
Software SW No.103 0x04: This setting is effective.

3. When set the Software SW No. 103 to 0x04, the scan transmission time of the following file types is increased.:

Compact PDF
Compact XPS
PPTX
DOCX
XLSX

IMPORTANT: The effect of "Software SW No. 103 0x04" will be lost when the following is set to [Prioritize Speed].

Please change it to the following:
[Administrator Settings]> [System Settings]> [PDF Settings]> [Compact PDF Settings]>[Prioritize Quality]

Custom Search