PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous SLOW PDF PRINTING ON M2552ci

Custom Search

vsluggo
04-12-2018, 01:51 PM
We have a construction company that is trying to print PDF 2 x 3 blueprints at 50 % of the size or on 12" x 18" sized paper, so its to scale and they are complaining that it takes 1/2 hour to print a 16 MB file......
Yes we are using the KX drivers , yes it is defaulted to B& W/grayscale we are printing as an image,
Everything else prints alright. They say that the Konica Minolta C252 they had printed faster than this....
Their IT guy is putting it off on us...he says he's done "all the right things" (but we've all heard that before)
ANY SOLUTIONS?

shamgar1981
04-12-2018, 02:12 PM
What’s the OS you are printing from and have you tried sending the pdf directly to the printer (usb key or command line) instead of through the driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyo fan
04-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Upgrade firmware to the latest and use different pdf reader. I usually recommend Foxit pdf reader.

toddanderson
04-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Make the originals 12x18 in the first place , it you are letting the print driver convert to 50% that is why
its printing slow.
take the pdf to a different machine same models and test them.

We have a construction company that is trying to print PDF 2 x 3 blueprints at 50 % of the size or on 12" x 18" sized paper, so its to scale and they are complaining that it takes 1/2 hour to print a 16 MB file......
Yes we are using the KX drivers , yes it is defaulted to B& W/grayscale we are printing as an image,
Everything else prints alright. They say that the Konica Minolta C252 they had printed faster than this....
Their IT guy is putting it off on us...he says he's done "all the right things" (but we've all heard that before)
ANY SOLUTIONS?

mincopier
04-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Open the spooler on the computer and see what the file is ballooning up to. I have a customer with a Ricoh wide format that their 16MB balloons to 1.08GB using a PS driver.

With the KX driver you can also set it to use PCL.

vsluggo
04-12-2018, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=shamgar1981;601437]What’s the OS you are printing from

Windows 10

Up to date Tech
04-12-2018, 11:20 PM
I had the same issue with the same model I updated firmware and reinstalled drivers worked for me

darry1322
04-13-2018, 01:57 PM
I had a 3252Ci printing pdf files slow and it turned out to be a bad network drop.

tomasz.kolakowski1
04-13-2018, 05:42 PM
ANY SOLUTIONS?Driver issue.

Sent from my HTC Desire 10 pro using Tapatalk

MIGUELMARCHENA
04-13-2018, 07:33 PM
I've had several calls from customers for the same, astonishing slowness in printing pdf

as a curious note

everyone has adobe reader for free

guitar9199
04-13-2018, 10:12 PM
Go into the "Advanced" settings in the Adobe print protocol, and put a check in the "Print as Image" box. If you're using postscript, most of the time the drivers process each "Layer" of the PDF separately, causing it to take forever to print. Flatten it out to one layer with the Print as Image box, and that should speed things way up.

+1 on the resizing of the document BEFORE printing it.

printlessguy
05-02-2018, 03:13 AM
I work with Vito and here is some more info.
upgraded firmware to newest from Kyocera.
plug usb into printer with same file. is a 16mb pdf. choose 12x18 paper in 2 minutes 15 pages print out then I canceled job. it is a 40 page doc.
have user use adobe with b&w settings sends 5 pages with setting print as image. 5 pages take 9 minutes.
have user send same 5 pages normal settings 2 pages in 9 minutes.
they are direct ip printing.
the doc balloons to 180mb when sending full job. it spools to the printer pretty fast. maybe a minute ( gigabit network). but it then just hangs out at the printer processing so slow.
on a side note in our office (100mb network) we have a 3050ci and when we send the same file to it (only using 11x17) it spools and prints out 1 page maybe 5-10 second wait then next page
almost same speed as the 2552 printing from usb stick

any more thoughts?
thanks
andy

darry1322
05-02-2018, 01:12 PM
I would try printing to the machine with a laptop or PC plugged directly into the network port to eliminate any network issues or bad cabling.

GeneOR95
05-02-2018, 01:15 PM
There are several PDF programs that I use for testing. (PDFXchange viewer, BullZip, Nitro Reader). For the most part these do not have the overhead of Adobe products. If the file prints OK with one of these I know the problem is with Adobe. If not the problem is most likely the file.

bsm2
05-02-2018, 01:40 PM
KX driver what is emulsion set to? should be set to pcl5

also try a mini driver

printlessguy
05-02-2018, 01:45 PM
I would try printing to the machine with a laptop or PC plugged directly into the network port to eliminate any network issues or bad cabling.
not enough coffee in brain yet.
i am guessing hard code ip's into laptop and printer and use a cross over cable correct?

and also the spooling to the printer is timely. it when the job is completely at the printer that the time frame gets really slow

darry1322
05-02-2018, 02:27 PM
not enough coffee in brain yet.
i am guessing hard code ip's into laptop and printer and use a cross over cable correct?

and also the spooling to the printer is timely. it when the job is completely at the printer that the time frame gets really slow

Yes and you don't need a crossover cable with modern network cards. Just something to test.

Custom Search