PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI520

Custom Search

exCSER
04-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Hi Guys,

The majority of my experience in the service industry is with high volume Xerox machines, but over the years I have serviced small and mid volume machines (all makes and models). The DI520 machine has been extremely reliable for about 5 years now, so I don't have a lot of experience doing anything but the usual stuff (fuser, feeder, drum, etc.). It's now considered obsolete, but the previous parts mentioned are still available, so I've been able to keep it running--but--now the prints are going light due to lack of toner. My question is for those of you with experience with this model, have you seen the ATDC sensor or the reed switch fail more often. From reading the manual it looks like either one of these components would give the same result. I can replenish the toner and darken the prints, but the machine doesn't maintain the density. To make matters worse, it's way out of my usual territory, and is in a church with a low budget. I'd really like to get it going for them, so I would greatly appreciate any input from someone with more experience on this model.

Thanks in advance,

Don

907tec
04-12-2018, 07:38 PM
It's been quite a while since I've worked on one of these, but I definitely remember replacing the ATDC sensor more often than the reed switch.

Custom Search