PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C650 yellow overlay

Custom Search

inutelkamo
04-14-2018, 08:21 AM
Hi,

Client keeps on complaining about yellow overlay on prints. I didn't believe it first, since every time i visit, i cant see any issues. i thought its just a spool glitch.
but last week, on my PM visit, got a chance to see it in actual operation.

Color Yellow cover all front side of the paper. just like you print a Y halftone pattern at 255 Density.

So i stayed and observe. till it got worst, out of 3 pcs a4 size, one of it has color overlay of yellow.

I change the HV board that drives all charging in IU. -----> The Same.

Prior to that YELLOW overlay issue i change the PH unit due to unsolved color registration issue.

Any thoughts?

Could be a faulty PH unit?

eccelobo
04-14-2018, 03:49 PM
Hi,

Client keeps on complaining about yellow overlay on prints. I didn't believe it first, since every time i visit, i cant see any issues. i thought its just a spool glitch.

Color Yellow cover all front side of the paper. just like you print a Y halftone pattern at 255 Density.

So i stayed and observe. till it got worst, out of 3 pcs a4 size, one of it has color overlay of yellow.

Prior to that YELLOW overlay issue i change the PH unit due to unsolved color registration issue.

Any thoughts?

Could be a faulty PH unit?I'd check transfer belt cleaning unit.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920V mediante Tapatalk

blackcat4866
04-14-2018, 05:08 PM
I'm leaning towards a primary charge loss for yellow. As you know when charge is lost the whole page is written to that color. If your yellow gradation is toward the front, then the charge loss must be toward the front of the machine. If I remember correctly, this machine uses IU assys so there's probably nothing specifically that you can do short of replacing the IU. =^..^=

fixthecopier
04-15-2018, 10:26 PM
On an old Minolta color 1500, I think, Had all the prints from 1 computer come out on the most bright reddish orange paper with yellow speckles all over. It was drivers. That was the first in the building to install Vista.

Woxner
04-16-2018, 12:59 AM
have seen this when just doing demo page. yellow i/u is probably needing change.

Phil B.
04-17-2018, 02:48 PM
Hi,

Any thoughts?Could be a faulty PH unit?

more likely a DEV unit issue! what troubleshooting process did you use to determine the $$$ board was the issue? or were you just guessing?

masterchill
04-17-2018, 07:06 PM
I have run into something like this before and had to run the Initialize + Image Stabilization to clear out the image data. Then run the gradation adjust again. Sometimes the machine just gets confused. This has helped me a couple of times when it randomly prints a back round of color like that.

Custom Search