PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub "4" ADF Skew issues

Custom Search

SmellsHot
04-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone,
Does anyone have any tips or tricks on fixing ADF skew. Ran the test chart through a hundred times, adjusted mechanical skew, tried running the test chart through loosely crooked in hopes to adjust it further..... Skew adjust under auto adf adjustment moves all over but just doesn't help with the skew. I have several of these machines doing this.
Obviously KM knows this was an issue because they added a "skew adjustment" setting on the "8" series.

copier addict
04-16-2018, 03:13 PM
Hey everyone,
Does anyone have any tips or tricks on fixing ADF skew. Ran the test chart through a hundred times, adjusted mechanical skew, tried running the test chart through loosely crooked in hopes to adjust it further..... Skew adjust under auto adf adjustment moves all over but just doesn't help with the skew. I have several of these machines doing this.
Obviously KM knows this was an issue because they added a "skew adjustment" setting on the "8" series.

What you likely need to do is grab the front left corner of the scanner bed and lift up sharply. People tend to lean on the corner and it will deflect downward.
PS. The skew setting on the 8 series doesn't adjust the skew automatically, you still need to mechanically adjust it. It just gives you a reference.

Bix
04-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Hi, what's the model? Check the two main screws to attach the DF to the MFP. Maybe the DF is a bit crooked.

Boltaction
04-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm assuming there is no skew off the glass? One of my biggest complaints about these models is skewing. You would get it perfect and then as soon as it gets installed, you test the scan to e-mail or folder and sure enough, skewed.

SmellsHot
04-17-2018, 12:59 AM
"copier addict" I forgot to mention I gave it the good ol heave ho on the front left.

I finally got it dialed in. I shimmed up the scanner assy frame and grabbed ADF and firmly pushed it to the side it needed to move(mech skew was maxed out). It now looks fine.
I'm just so fed up with these piece of shit feeders and there skew. Every machine I go to has ADF skew.....so annoying
Let me know if anyone else has any tips with these bad boys

suomi
04-17-2018, 12:20 PM
Adjust this.

suomi
04-19-2018, 05:05 AM
Adjust number 17...

Custom Search