PDA

View Full Version : Changing DV unit on bizhub C280

Custom Search

JLSam
04-16-2018, 05:52 PM
Going to change drum, dv unit (with dv) and the primary transfer on a c280. I'm armed with my service manual, and so far from the manual, the Drum and 1st transfer simply require the image process adjustment and graduation adjust. The DV unit replacement section doesn't say any procedures after.

I continue and on the Adjustment Item List (Page 353) says that the replacement of DV requires that same adjustment too.

So is that fine? I can't seem to find very clear instructions. On the old-well, older- Bizhubs I had to activate a simulation on tech rep mode BEFORE changing DV.

Any help and guidance will be appreciated.

copier addict
04-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Going to change drum, dv unit (with dv) and the primary transfer on a c280. I'm armed with my service manual, and so far from the manual, the Drum and 1st transfer simply require the image process adjustment and graduation adjust. The DV unit replacement section doesn't say any procedures after.

I continue and on the Adjustment Item List (Page 353) says that the replacement of DV requires that same adjustment too.

So is that fine? I can't seem to find very clear instructions. On the old-well, older- Bizhubs I had to activate a simulation on tech rep mode BEFORE changing DV.

Any help and guidance will be appreciated.

Upon installation of a new dev unit the machine will stir and measure T/C ratio automatically. All that is needed afterward is to do an "initialize/stabilize" and gradation.

copyman
04-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Are you changing the whole unit or just the powder? The only developer powder sold is aftermarket which I would advise not to use. Replace the whole unit and as other poster wrote it will calibrate itself.

JLSam
04-17-2018, 04:40 PM
Thank you for your responses.

I wasn't sure if there was a need to initialize the developer after replacement of the DV unit. Thank you.

The installation of the Primary, Secondary, Filter, Drum units for CMYK and black DV was all plug and play. That's pretty awesome. All I did was the "Initialize and Stabilizer" in Tech Rep Mode, and it worked great. Thank you.

copier addict
04-17-2018, 04:58 PM
Thank you for your responses.

I wasn't sure if there was a need to initialize the developer after replacement of the DV unit. Thank you.

The installation of the Primary, Secondary, Filter, Drum units for CMYK and black DV was all plug and play. That's pretty awesome. All I did was the "Initialize and Stabilizer" in Tech Rep Mode, and it worked great. Thank you.

Don't forget to run the gradation as well. It will calibrate your colour correctly

Custom Search