PDA

View Full Version : Any tips to improve print speed (KM6500)

Custom Search

jay3
04-17-2018, 07:00 PM
Any tips to increase print speed?

On a KM6500, I currently get just under 8ppm with my main job:

13x19 duplex running mail merge to a master held in fiery controller.

My noteable settings are:

Left to right binding (duplex)
[x] CMYK
[x] Black detection
Image Quality = Best
[X] Text thinning/reversed text enhancement
Brightness = 100% Normal
Screen: Dot 1
[x] Glossy
[x] Use max C, M, Y density

sorter mode: collate
output delivery: Face down - normal order

I yield about 4000 output pages per toner cartridge.

Phil B.
04-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Any tips to increase print speed?
On a KM6500, I currently get just under 8ppm with my main job:
13x19 duplex running mail merge to a master held in fiery controller.
My noteable settings are:
Left to right binding (duplex)
[x] CMYK
[x] Black detection
Image Quality = Best
[X] Text thinning/reversed text enhancement
Brightness = 100% Normal
Screen: Dot 1
[x] Glossy
[x] Use max C, M, Y density
sorter mode: collate
output delivery: Face down - normal order
I yield about 4000 output pages per toner cartridge.

full color.... 13x19.... DUPLEXED.... -= and =-..... running mail merge? is there a lot of borders/graphics? (toner usage = size + 2sided )

you bought the wrong machine! it's doing well on that job! I'm assuming Word doc on the merge?
everything you are trying to do is speed/memory intensive! what you didn't mention is THICKNESS of the media... the thicker the media.. the S L O W E R -= ANY =- Machine will run.

guitar9199
04-17-2018, 10:46 PM
Heidelburg 4-Color industrial press?

jay3
04-18-2018, 12:59 AM
full color.... 13x19.... DUPLEXED.... -= and =-..... running mail merge? is there a lot of borders/graphics? (toner usage = size + 2sided )

you bought the wrong machine! it's doing well on that job! I'm assuming Word doc on the merge?
everything you are trying to do is speed/memory intensive! what you didn't mention is THICKNESS of the media... the thicker the media.. the S L O W E R -= ANY =- Machine will run.

148gsm. My piece has to be 13x19 (or larger).

Was looking at Ryobi 3304HA initially but the max sheet size of 13.x * 17.x kills it.

Word doc on the mail merge, but I'm printing just the variable data there to a master image stored on fiery using VDS or VDP (whatever it is called).

jay3
04-18-2018, 01:02 AM
Heidelburg 4-Color industrial press?

Longer runs are > 50k+ monthly and get farmed out to commercial printers for now.

Short runs are 3k-6k (13x19 duplex)... and the dynamic data capability doesn't hurt. Trying to do these in house on the KM6500. Considering getting an army of them because of the price/availability (easily $5k or less each used) and the cos is... not great, but doable I suppose.

Definitely been looking for the right machine(s) that could handle both in house. A friend has a Xerox 1000 and right at 3 cents (6 cents per piece) for what I'm doing. That would be great, but the Xerox 1000's cost way more... and still couldn't handle the larger job.

Phil B.
04-18-2018, 02:36 PM
148gsm. My piece has to be 13x19 (or larger).

Was looking at Ryobi 3304HA initially but the max sheet size of 13.x * 17.x kills it.

Word doc on the mail merge, but I'm printing just the variable data there to a master image stored on fiery using VDS or VDP (whatever it is called).

yeah that's a lil heavy to run a "plain" .. anytime you increase the weight of the paper ( and define it in the driver/machine ) you will slow down the machine speed.

Phil B.
04-18-2018, 02:37 PM
Longer runs are > 50k+ monthly and get farmed out to commercial printers for now.

Short runs are 3k-6k (13x19 duplex)... and the dynamic data capability doesn't hurt. Trying to do these in house on the KM6500. Considering getting an army of them because of the price/availability (easily $5k or less each used) and the cos is... not great, but doable I suppose.

Definitely been looking for the right machine(s) that could handle both in house. A friend has a Xerox 1000 and right at 3 cents (6 cents per piece) for what I'm doing. That would be great, but the Xerox 1000's cost way more... and still couldn't handle the larger job.

Xerox LOVES their supplies and parts... I HATE XEROX!

Custom Search