PDA

View Full Version : CQ BH454e Missing 1" wide section of print front to rear.

Custom Search

DSharpe
04-18-2018, 03:37 PM
Whats up guys? Working on a Bizhub 454e that randomly misses a 1" section of print at times. This has been an ongoing issue and the customer is a tax office so automatically equals good times especially this time of year. Goes from front to rear and on different types of documents. Emails, Web pages etc. I changed all the drivers from PCL to PS and no change. Ive replaced both the MFP and Main control board and this has been over a month and shes called back again for same issue. I did call KMBS and his answer to get with the service manager and start replacing parts because it could be many different things. Firmware is good, drum and dv unit is good. No codes. Machine is less than a year old and this may show up a day later or a month later. Any idea what may be going on with this thing? Oh, the area that is blank is a perfect edge digitally smooth and does move.

Albonline
04-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Whats up guys? Working on a Bizhub 454e that randomly misses a 1" section of print at times. This has been an ongoing issue and the customer is a tax office so automatically equals good times especially this time of year. Goes from front to rear and on different types of documents. Emails, Web pages etc. I changed all the drivers from PCL to PS and no change. Ive replaced both the MFP and Main control board and this has been over a month and shes called back again for same issue. I did call KMBS and his answer to get with the service manager and start replacing parts because it could be many different things. Firmware is good, drum and dv unit is good. No codes. Machine is less than a year old and this may show up a day later or a month later. Any idea what may be going on with this thing? Oh, the area that is blank is a perfect edge digitally smooth and does move.

check the image on the transfer belt if you have a full image there , id be suspecting 2nd transfer roller, if its messed up on the belt id say laser. if the supplies are way beyond count, these units tend to overdrive the high voltage and arc.

DSharpe
04-18-2018, 05:03 PM
check the image on the transfer belt if you have a full image there , id be suspecting 2nd transfer roller, if its messed up on the belt id say laser. if the supplies are way beyond count, these units tend to overdrive the high voltage and arc.

The drum itself is fairly new and the machine has around 95k on it. The problem is that it may do it only one time and it may take a few weeks or more to show up. Totally random. Could be related to the belt but where it cuts off this print the edge crisp, skips one inch or so and picks the print up again. I had it in my shop and put 6000 copies on it after the boards were replaced and it never missed a beat. Been back at customer a little over a month and she called back in yesterday for sale problem.

Albonline
04-18-2018, 05:45 PM
The drum itself is fairly new and the machine has around 95k on it. The problem is that it may do it only one time and it may take a few weeks or more to show up. Totally random. Could be related to the belt but where it cuts off this print the edge crisp, skips one inch or so and picks the print up again. I had it in my shop and put 6000 copies on it after the boards were replaced and it never missed a beat. Been back at customer a little over a month and she called back in yesterday for sale problem.

wall power? beyond that best first guess would be print head (or very slim chance the sub board giong to it,.) one other way out there possibility is humidity in the environment.

DSharpe
04-18-2018, 06:08 PM
wall power? beyond that best first guess would be print head (or very slim chance the sub board giong to it,.) one other way out there possibility is humidity in the environment.

Im going to run a powertronics monitor out there tomorrow and see whats up and just leave it a few days. Ill have her jot down the time on the issue if it shows it self and then go back to the monitor and see if something happened about the same time. PH after that if nothing shows up. Ill upload a picture tomorrow of the problem as well. Thanks man

Phil B.
04-18-2018, 09:18 PM

are you sure that it isn't a scanned doc she is trying to re-print?

jamesyboy
04-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Have you replaced the hdd , might be a good place to start

DSharpe
04-19-2018, 07:55 PM
Have you replaced the hdd , might be a good place to start

HDD has not been replaced......yet.

DSharpe
04-19-2018, 07:58 PM
SAMPLE OF PROBLEM. Can be anything they are sending to the machine from emails, web pages or tax software.

Synthohol
04-19-2018, 09:08 PM
check the corona cleaner, ill bet its not in the home position. also use the wand to clean the lasers.

DSharpe
04-19-2018, 09:25 PM
check the corona cleaner, ill bet its not in the home position. also use the wand to clean the lasers.

All that is fine. Machine has 112,000. Also, this is very intermittent when it happens. i had the machine in my shop and ran 6000 copies on it with no problem, after mfp and main control board was replaced. It was sent back to the customer a little over a month ago and its magically showed up and only once, that she has noticed. She told me today that her phone system had a melt down the other day and killed all the phone lines to where she could actually smell the electrical smoldering and this machine is also used as their fax. I hooked up a line monitor to it today. This is a strange one!!

Synthohol
04-19-2018, 09:54 PM
take a sky shot on long paper and stop it in the fuser. then check belt and drum. maybe take out DV and check the brush on it.
other than that maybe take out the laser unit and check the window for toner,debris.

blackcat4866
04-19-2018, 11:56 PM
Here's my question:

Is it a void of missing image, or is the image neatly sliced at the cutoff, then re-starts 25.4mm over, running off the page? Is it in the feed direction or crossfeed direction? Is it always 25.4mm? The difference is important.

If the drum were losing drive intermittently, the image would neatly sever crossfeed then resume again at the same point further down the page.

If the HDD was intermittently dropping image data, you might have the image stop crossfeed at some point, lose 25.4mm of data, then continue with found data, and the image would end correctly at page end.

If primary charge cleaner was stuck mid-path, you might get a void of missing image 25.4mm wide in the feed direction.
=^..^=

DSharpe
04-20-2018, 12:39 AM
Here's my question:

Is it a void of missing image, or is the image neatly sliced at the cutoff, then re-starts 25.4mm over, running off the page? Is it in the feed direction or crossfeed direction? Is it always 25.4mm? The difference is important.

If the drum were losing drive intermittently, the image would neatly sever crossfeed then resume again at the same point further down the page.

If the HDD was intermittently dropping image data, you might have the image stop crossfeed at some point, lose 25.4mm of data, then continue with found data, and the image would end correctly at page end.

If primary charge cleaner was stuck mid-path, you might get a void of missing image 25.4mm wide in the feed direction.
=^..^=

Its always the same size and going from front to rear. The samples i have seen most of them are on the right side of the page but i have also seen it once on the other side. Its missing but neatly sliced at the same time. No smudgy edge just clean cut. This sample is much better. This is only 2 pages..it played with my eyes when i first seen it, lol.

blackcat4866
04-20-2018, 01:24 AM
So the data is missing in the void crossfeed, and the page image aligns on all four edges? =^..^=

DSharpe
04-20-2018, 01:42 AM
So the data is missing in the void crossfeed, and the page image aligns on all four edges? =^..^=

The data is indeed missing in the void cross feed. If you notice the sheet on the bottom that void has actually moved a little more to the right of the page. The entire image is there with the exception of that void which may happen once a week or once a month.

blackcat4866
04-20-2018, 02:00 AM
Ok, let's start with what it's not:
It's not primary charge, or anything to do with charge or drum ground. Any charge loss would be indicated by black areas, not voids.
It's not a drum drive or registration drive problem. The image is correctly registered on the paper (if not all there).
It's not a charge cleaner issue, which would be in the feed direction.
Hey, what if one of your LTR feed units was overdriving and making a Z-fold, imaging, then opening the Z-fold before fusing ... nope, that doesn't work. It would shift your trail edge registration.

It's unlikely to be be developer drive or transfer charge loss. It would happen more frequently, have varying proportions, and not have crisp edges or clean voids. You'd also see toner density symptoms like low developer density codes or add toner indications.

This leaves the laser unit, image processing board(s), and HDD.

Does that narrow it down a little? =^..^=

DSharpe
04-20-2018, 02:45 AM
Ok, let's start with what it's not:
It's not primary charge, or anything to do with charge or drum ground. Any charge loss would be indicated by black areas, not voids.
It's not a drum drive or registration drive problem. The image is correctly registered on the paper (if not all there).
It's not a charge cleaner issue, which would be in the feed direction.
Hey, what if one of your LTR feed units was overdriving and making a Z-fold, imaging, then opening the Z-fold before fusing ... nope, that doesn't work. It would shift your trail edge registration.

It's unlikely to be be developer drive or transfer charge loss. It would happen more frequently, have varying proportions, and not have crisp edges or clean voids. You'd also see toner density symptoms like low developer density codes or add toner indications.

This leaves the laser unit, image processing board(s), and HDD.

Does that narrow it down a little? =^..^=

I have replaced the mfp and the main control board. I can definitely see the laser being a possibility not sure about how the HDD could cause that? But then again, that’s why I’m looking for help from the experts.

Custom Search