PDA

View Full Version : Print after the user is logged in (user track)

Custom Search

Bix
04-20-2018, 02:21 PM
Hello,

I have a bizhub c227. I have enabled the user track function (with password only) to keep track of the number of copies. One problem I noticed is that I have to enter the authentication in the computer driver, otherwise the MFP discards the file.

My goal is to have the printer printed only after accessing the printer (to prevent some customers from stealing important documents). I know the presence of protected print but the system is very cumbersome because you have to enter double password.

Do you know a more flexible system?

copier addict
04-20-2018, 02:34 PM
Hello,

I have a bizhub c227. I have enabled the user track function (with password only) to keep track of the number of copies. One problem I noticed is that I have to enter the authentication in the computer driver, otherwise the MFP discards the file.

My goal is to have the printer printed only after accessing the printer (to prevent some customers from stealing important documents). I know the presence of protected print but the system is very cumbersome because you have to enter double password.

Do you know a more flexible system?

I find the easiest way to ensure security is using password protected user boxes. The person prints to the user box then access user box at machine to print document.

Bix
04-20-2018, 02:36 PM
I thought this too.

The only thing that I fear is the filling of the HD. I think I can solve this problem by automatically erasing after a while.

Thanks so much!

K-3
04-20-2018, 05:40 PM
you could also look at doing secure print feature from the driver.

Bix
04-23-2018, 07:59 AM
Yes, I thought so too, but there was a need to trace the print ;)

rrrohan
04-24-2018, 06:32 AM
Yes, I thought so too, but there was a need to trace the print ;)

Are you sure the job doesn't get counted? Pretty sure it will work otherwise if it didn't the copier would just delete the job due to login error

Bix
04-24-2018, 07:45 AM
Hello,

He counts the protected print but if you send the print, in the drivers you have to enter the login data otherwise the MFP will trash the file. If active tracking, they must log in two (one for accessing the printer and one for accessing the secure print file). So this is cumbersome.

I think they should have a print server and maybe use SafeQ.

Anyhow, thank you so much :D

B0265
04-24-2018, 08:30 AM
You might consider user authentination with ID & Print.
You will need to enter user name and password in the driver and at the MFP but in this way the user can release the print jobs without having to open and enter the credentials in the secure print box, and you can keep track of the number of pages each user has printed.

Bix
04-24-2018, 11:02 AM
In this way, by inserting the credentials in the driver, the printer would start printing without the user being at the printer (risking that someone steals the documents).

The only solutions I think are the user box or even better, an external print server that manages this. :D

B0265
04-24-2018, 11:56 AM
If you select ID&Print in the driver the print job is held in a system user box until you login at the operation panel.

Custom Search