PDA

View Full Version : C454e Firmware

Custom Search

copyman
04-21-2018, 10:20 PM
I have a machine that I'm getting ready to deliver. Everything is working good. Firmware is G20-C8. After checking on K/M website I see several newer versions. Should I leave well enough alone since everything is working good or update? If i do update do I need to do in steps?

I know I sound a little paranoid but as I explained on this forum before F/W don't like me and I don't like it ! Must admit updating has become much easier with USB than back in the CF card days.

Anyway thanks for the help.

Woxner
04-21-2018, 11:33 PM
just read the pdf first sometimes certain soft sw need to be done first. i know guys just jump to the latest but if things arent done right it may not work right

copyman
04-22-2018, 02:33 AM
Thanks wox. Exactly why I asked. Thought I heard of some problems if not done in steps (not sure if this model). And with it having such an old version now I didn't want to update to latest and open a can of worms. This is probably close to original F/W.

I did read some of the notes in the Read-me pdf. If you try and read this you'll see another reason to dislike F/W. You could spend an hour reading it and still don't understand it!

Synthohol
04-22-2018, 05:44 AM
we've been putting the latest G20-M1 with no issues on hundreds of these machines.

habik
04-22-2018, 06:16 AM
E series are pretty straight forward.
Just go one by one through mass production firmwares. Just delete the movie data and don't worry about the function enhance function soft switch 25 for now. They all have equal functions. Once on the top level of firmware, change soft switch 25 to your desired function, think FE 7 HEX 60 if remember correctly.

One thing I would point out is the update of SSD. THERE IS ONE MASS PRODUCTION firmware that "should" take you on the latest version of SSD driver ver.6.05m this will show on the last page of firmware version in service mode. I believe G20-G9 was the one that did that. If not sure read the SSD upgrade procedure first before you start Mass production firmwares.

Ensure you go from Mass production C8 to E4 to G9. J was I think skipped for compatibility issues and there is a lot of K's. Then M1 and you done. Unless there has been a newer version since.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!

habik
04-22-2018, 06:18 AM
we've been putting the latest G20-M1 with no issues on hundreds of these machines.From K up probably, from C, I would go with SSD check and then E,G then maybe one K at least and then M.

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!

antone
04-22-2018, 04:41 PM
I have a machine that I'm getting ready to deliver. Everything is working good. Firmware is G20-C8. After checking on K/M website I see several newer versions. Should I leave well enough alone since everything is working good or update? If i do update do I need to do in steps?

I know I sound a little paranoid but as I explained on this forum before F/W don't like me and I don't like it ! Must admit updating has become much easier with USB than back in the CF card days.

Anyway thanks for the help.Read PDF

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Custom Search