PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c353 ftp firmware update

Custom Search

n25an
04-24-2018, 02:15 AM
bizhub c353 ftp firmware update

does that still work on this machine???

need it so customer can get into the web interface... to change smtp settings...
figured it could be done through walk up action but convenience got me...

copyman
04-24-2018, 02:33 AM
I don't think the F/W can still be installed with the internet ISW. You can still get the F/W and install with CF card. Keep in mind the latest F/W is from 2012.

n25an
04-24-2018, 06:11 AM
ok... sounds good... now is there a way to make your pc look like an ftp server so that this copier can pull from it via ftp... to update firmware

rrrohan
04-24-2018, 06:23 AM
ok... sounds good... now is there a way to make your pc look like an ftp server so that this copier can pull from it via ftp... to update firmware
Use filezilla.

n25an
04-24-2018, 06:29 AM
any special folder structure... or just put firmware at root...
should I put the .tar.gz file or the whole zipped firmware file... or anything...

Synthohol
04-24-2018, 12:31 PM
the 3 series uses a USB with the single .tar file for FW, FTP is such a pain in the ass and not reliable IMHO.

copier addict
04-24-2018, 01:57 PM
the 3 series uses a USB with the single .tar file for FW, FTP is such a pain in the ass and not reliable IMHO.

The C353 series uses a 128mb compact flash for updating firmware, not USB. Not easy to find 128mb compact flash cards anymore.

Synthohol
04-24-2018, 04:23 PM
I had the 423 283 etc on my mind that does use USB.
Damn man sorry for the teaser, this was the last of the crap models that made life miserable.

I have had luck finding 128s at old camera stores in the past.
Good luck and sorry again.

Albonline
04-24-2018, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=Synthohol;602717]I had the 423 283 etc on my mind that does use USB.
Damn man sorry for the teaser, this was the last of the crap models that made life miserable.

I have had luck finding 128s at old camera stores in the past.
Good luck and sorry again.[/QUOTE

Try these

]ttps://www.cdw.com/product/EDGE-128MB-Premium-Compact-Flash/586508?cm_cat=GoogleBase&cm_ite=586508&cm_pla=NA-NA-PPE_FL&cm_ven=acquirgy&ef_id=WfyBvQAAAHukJQOy:20180424155433:s&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg7aoz6LT2gIVQTuBCh1tcAiZEAQYASAB EgJfFPD_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!4223!3!198553132230!!!g!323977522976!

Albonline
04-24-2018, 04:57 PM
I think the writing tool is still up on km

n25an
04-29-2018, 02:58 PM
Use filezilla.

The link below is goes over this in detail... (thanks again... for pointing me in the right direction...)

how to make your pc operate as a konica firmware proxy server

(http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/52682-c253-firmware-upgrade-via-internet-isw.html)

mincopier
04-29-2018, 10:38 PM
Don't believe the writing tool runs on anything newer than Vista.

n25an
05-12-2018, 09:04 PM
ok update... I was not able to get the ftp to work... filezilla connects to filezilla... server to client... but when connecting to the copier to do firmware as a proxy server... it would connect and then die... the card did not work either... I was told compac flash needed to be 64mb... I no longer need to work on this machine... we found that the issue was not the copier but the browsers no longer allowed periscope to work... all save for firefox...

even so... I am curious does any one know the settings that are needed to allow the copier to pull firmware files from a filezilla server on your pc... the pc is acting as a ftp server that the copier pulls firmware from... login and password fine... port is fine... but copier attempts to login to pc and says password missing...

I haven't had a chance to work on this in the office with another konica... if I do... I will post the results here... I figure it should be the same for newer as well as older konicas... the ftp firmware update via pc...

as always any help is appreciated...

copier addict
05-13-2018, 12:27 PM
ok update... I was not able to get the ftp to work... filezilla connects to filezilla... server to client... but when connecting to the copier to do firmware as a proxy server... it would connect and then die... the card did not work either... I was told compac flash needed to be 64mb... I no longer need to work on this machine... we found that the issue was not the copier but the browsers no longer allowed periscope to work... all save for firefox...

even so... I am curious does any one know the settings that are needed to allow the copier to pull firmware files from a filezilla server on your pc... the pc is acting as a ftp server that the copier pulls firmware from... login and password fine... port is fine... but copier attempts to login to pc and says password missing...

I haven't had a chance to work on this in the office with another konica... if I do... I will post the results here... I figure it should be the same for newer as well as older konicas... the ftp firmware update via pc...

as always any help is appreciated...

The compact flash card has to be 128mb.
On the C353 series, the only browser that works for Pagescope is Firefox.

Custom Search