PDA

View Full Version : Samsung CLX-8640 stuck on startup screen

Custom Search

thinkink
04-25-2018, 09:31 PM
Samsung CLX-8640nd stuck on Samsung logo when starting up. I removed hard drive and booted into HDD recovery mode once but now will go to Samsung logo only even without HDD installed. If *0# is held on startup will go to "ready for firmware upgrade" screen. Machine goes through all normal startup procedures not error on screen but never goes past Samsung logo. Machine was sitting unused in office for 2 month and is doing this when starting up. We don't normally do anything with Samsung but ended up with this machine somehow. Hated it from the get go. Quality is great but leaks toner and screen is very unresponsive. Since support is on HP side now I was able to get a firmware update and thought maybe somehow it would fix some of the issues. Hoping to put it to use somehow to get something out of it. Any ideas would be great.
thanks

thomfish
04-27-2018, 09:57 AM
I do not know this model but in my case when printer stuck in Logo I had to update f/w through SyncThru. Probably UI firmware is not installed/corrupted etc... on your printer. HDD must be installed. I have never got luck with emergency update.

thinkink
04-27-2018, 08:00 PM
I do not know this model but in my case when printer stuck in Logo I had to update f/w through SyncThru. Probably UI firmware is not installed/corrupted etc... on your printer. HDD must be installed. I have never got luck with emergency update.
Thanks I will give it a try

Matoku
09-03-2018, 02:01 AM
Hi Thinkink,

So How is your update to this post?

thinkink
09-04-2018, 02:15 PM
Hi Thinkink,

So How is your update to this post?
This printer is still sitting in my repair area. I ended up trading it for an OKI MPS4242. I think I may have traced the error down to a connection issue with the panel. Never had much luck with this model but was hoping to get it printing to at least get something out of it. Open to any ideas. It was working OK and just out of the blue started this.

George J
09-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Hated it from the get go.

No need to change that.

Custom Search