PDA

View Full Version : C451 Printing issue, Black Imaging Unit?

Custom Search

Eko
04-27-2018, 12:58 AM
Hello. So this Copier was delivered to me about 2 months ago. It was free because it had a "bad transfer belt" and i figured I could replace it. However when i print it seems to have a different issue where the black is not working right. The other colors work fine when doing color tests but when I print using black it is all messed up. I changed the transfer belt anyways and the problem continues, does this look like a bad Black Imaging unit to anyone here?

I only ask because these parts are expensive and I can't afford to throw parts at it without others opinions

Woxner
04-27-2018, 01:09 AM
its a bad drum or dev unit. it amy have dumped dev

blackcat4866
04-27-2018, 01:10 AM
At what interval does the pattern repeat, in millimeters please? =^..^=

Eko
04-27-2018, 01:47 AM
its a bad drum or dev unit. it amy have dumped dev

The Drum and Developer are combined on this unit right? It did indeed dump developer, I have opened the copier and cleaned out all the dumped developer from the black unit.

At what interval does the pattern repeat, in millimeters please? =^..^=
Which pattern, from the drum/Imager or the test patterns I used?

blackcat4866
04-27-2018, 01:50 AM
You don't see a repetitive pattern? l1600-.jpg and l1600-1.jpg

If you don't see a pattern I don't think that I can help you.
=^..^=

Eko
04-27-2018, 01:54 AM

=^..^=

Ease up a bit. I'd rather ask you which pattern you want instead of guessing. I'd rather have clarity

Based on mentioning L1600 I assume you mean the little white lines in between the fade color bar test?

I'm loading from tray 3 so it feeds the paper landscape into the transferbelt

EDIT: You mean the ring like imprints that almost look like the Audi logo?

copyman
04-27-2018, 02:00 AM
This is a very common issue with that model. There was a bulletin for dumping black developer. There was a mod to install a bracket to hold the Black Image unit in tighter, the problem was it would back out a little making a loose connection then it would dump. Good idea when vacuuming out the developer, also pull out the laser unit and vac dev off of that.

Eko
04-27-2018, 02:03 AM
This is a very common issue with that model. There was a bulletin for dumping black developer. There was a mod to install a bracket to hold the Black Image unit in tighter, the problem was it would back out a little making a loose connection then it would dump. Good idea when vacuuming out the developer, also pull out the laser unit and vac dev off of that.

I vacuumed all the Dev out I could with an industrial vacuum, then blew the remainder out using 90 PSI of air from a compressor while outside. The black unit does feel lose, I put a copper 2mm shim between the Black unit and it's mount arm for now and it's not lose anymore, it's very tight but It didn't improve the conditions(granted I'm sure the black unit is missing developer now)

Eko
04-27-2018, 03:22 AM

=^..^=

So you want the measurement of the ring pattern?

copier tech
04-27-2018, 10:10 AM
Yes I agree as has been said here, you'll need a new black IU, very expensive & even after you replace it the same issue could return.

Personally I would scrap this machine & not waste any time or money on it.

You can pick up copier cheap on ebay, look at the Bizhub C224/e series a good reliable model with excellent print quality, cheaper to maintain too.

copyman
04-27-2018, 11:45 AM
If you replace the black dev unit make sure you install the mod or it will dump again. There are 2 mods, one is the bracket I mentioned in my earlier post and the other is to build up pad on blue handle to push unit into machine tighter.
If you PM me your email I'll send you the 2 bulletins addressing this issue

blackcat4866
04-27-2018, 02:40 PM
Oh ... how about this pattern?:

Eko
04-28-2018, 12:20 AM
Yes I agree as has been said here, you'll need a new black IU, very expensive & even after you replace it the same issue could return.

Personally I would scrap this machine & not waste any time or money on it.

You can pick up copier cheap on ebay, look at the Bizhub C224/e series a good reliable model with excellent print quality, cheaper to maintain too.

I picked up this copier for $0, so I'm not overly concerned about putting a little in. The machine was delivered to me by the State of Nevada as it's one of the old State office Copiers.

I can pickup a brand new black IU from a supplier locally for 250$, then mod the unit to have some tighter grip. I'd rather repair it than junk it considering it's not that bad a machine

Eko
04-28-2018, 12:22 AM
Oh ... how about this pattern?:

Blackcat, that is the gradient pattern I printed on the copier when testing it, that pattern is from the test pattern menu gradient test.

It's supposed to print 5 bars of black, each slightly brighter than the last

copyman
04-28-2018, 02:00 AM
That model is very old! you should be able to find a black DEV unit for less than that. ebay, etc

Eko
04-28-2018, 03:38 AM
That model is very old! you should be able to find a black DEV unit for less than that. ebay, etc

I can find Used units for under 120$ but I'm unsure if I can use used units without dev spilling during shipment?

copyman
04-28-2018, 03:22 PM
I forgot that the black drum & developer was sold complete as Image unit. So if you can get it for $250 that is good price. I would not buy a used one.

Eko
04-29-2018, 12:16 AM
I forgot that the black drum & developer was sold complete as Image unit. So if you can get it for $250 that is good price. I would not buy a used one.

Thats what I thought. Its funny the other Copytech who called me to help said the same thing "Oh wait, thats right, they are a combined unit, yeah thats more like 300$ not 100"

Eko
11-25-2020, 09:10 AM
Not here meaning to bump a 2 year old thread, but life had gotten in the way for quite some time and I had taken a second job for a while, and was using a different machine

I took the entire machine apart and cleaned all the developer that had dumped out, I bought a brand new OEM image unit and the official bracket to hold the black image unit into place to prevent future problems. It has been working for a few months now since replacing the black image unit, and the prints seem to be fine!

I just wanted to post some closure on this and for anyone who may stumble upon this thread via a google search. I hate unresolved threads, thank you everyone!

blackcat4866
11-25-2020, 04:53 PM
Thanks for following up. =^..^=

copiray
11-25-2020, 07:35 PM
have you used OEM toner?

Eko
11-26-2020, 01:57 AM
Hi, if you read the last few posts, this issue was resolved, was a bad image unit, new image unit and the problem is gone.

Custom Search