PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub c454e Scan to Gmail issues

Custom Search

Qball
04-27-2018, 03:34 AM
Ok, the scan to gmail stopped working for this account. They’re using a custom domain on this gmail account that is being used as the administrator email address and the authentication email, as well as the email you put in system settings. The email account works. I can log in to it and it send and receives mail. When scanning, it gives a server connect error. I created a new certificate and made sure it’s the correct level of encryption. I tried SSL and TLS. and changed the ports accordingly. I put in the domain, I took out the domain. DNS is working.

I tested it using a different gmail account that ends in gmail.com and that works.

The custom domain account was working for scanning. it stopped working, they changed the password and it started working again then it stopped again.

I also verified that allow less secure apps was enabled.

I’m not sure where else to go with this one. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrrohan
04-27-2018, 05:16 AM
which SMTP server are you using? smtp-relay.gmail.com or smtp.gmail.com or aspmx.l.google.com

cause if your using aspmx.l.google.com (http://aspmx.l.google.com/) you can only send to gmail users and if you tried to send to anyone else it would give a server connection error

copier tech
04-27-2018, 09:55 AM
I always start by updating to the latest firmware when faced with this issue. I have dozens of Bizhubs both 'e' & non 'e' using gmail without any issues.

Qball
04-27-2018, 02:04 PM
which SMTP server are you using? smtp-relay.gmail.com or smtp.gmail.com or aspmx.l.google.com

cause if your using aspmx.l.google.com (http://aspmx.l.google.com/) you can only send to gmail users and if you tried to send to anyone else it would give a server connection error

They’re using smtp.gmail.com.

Qball
04-27-2018, 02:04 PM
I always start by updating to the latest firmware when faced with this issue. I have dozens of Bizhubs both 'e' & non 'e' using gmail without any issues.

That thought crossed my mind.

Bix
04-27-2018, 02:09 PM
I had a similar problem.

The "problem" is from Google. In reality it is not a problem but a level of security that has most likely been enabled.

You make sure that they have not enabled double verification. Also go to Google> My account> Access to Google. Infondo check that "Allow less secure apps:" is ON.

Greetings

guitar9199
04-27-2018, 02:37 PM
I know this sounds dumb, but change your DNS settings to.....

Primary : 8.8.8.8 and Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Sending with Gmail, I've had this fix issues quite a few times.

rrrohan
04-29-2018, 06:10 AM
I had a similar problem.

The "problem" is from Google. In reality it is not a problem but a level of security that has most likely been enabled.

You make sure that they have not enabled double verification. Also go to Google> My account> Access to Google. Infondo check that "Allow less secure apps:" is ON.

Greetings

He said he had in OP that was my first thought though also

mincopier
04-29-2018, 10:45 PM
Check this from Konicaminolta
Dropbox - Scan to Gmail.pdf (https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6wzivepd5m8y07/Scan%20to%20Gmail.pdf?dl=0)

Custom Search