PDA

View Full Version : Konica minolta/canon c620 error code c-3102

Custom Search

jumeda33
04-30-2018, 08:45 PM
Hi everybody,
Just wonder if someone can help me with a Konica Minolta machine. It's actually a Canon C620 box but Konica Minolta guts. It's giving us a C-3102 code and it is no longer serviced by Canon. I am pretty handy and I am looking for some advice/help to repair this machine. I believe it's something to due with fuser motor gears or something like that but I need your professional help and opinions. Also maybe some pictures or a service manual would be helpful if possible.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.
David

copyman
04-30-2018, 10:38 PM
News to me, I never heard Kon/Min & Canon worked together on a machine. The 2 biggest competitors working together:eek:
I know Kon/ Min made some machines for HP.

If you also want expertise from the Kon/Min techs on this forum it would help if you could provide the konica minolta cross model # ?

Also make sure of that code? K/M has a C-3201 don't recall a 3102. The "3000" codes are fuser related

Synthohol
04-30-2018, 10:39 PM
3 white one-way gears in the fuser gearbox. usually need to be replaced along with the shaft 2 of them ride on.

jumeda33
05-01-2018, 03:18 AM
3 white one-way gears in the fuser gearbox. usually need to be replaced along with the shaft 2 of them ride on.

Hi Synthohol and thank you for your response. I have been doing some other research as well and your answer confirms what I have been finding. Would you happen to have part numbers for the gears and shaft?
Thanks,
David

Synthohol
05-01-2018, 04:55 AM
replace the 3 one way white gears in the fuser gear box along with the shaft 2 of them ride on. at least one is slipping.

A03U809311 x3

A03U725800 x1

copyman
05-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Just curious what is the konica minolta model # ???

jumeda33
05-01-2018, 03:14 PM

No idea. The machine is about 10 years old or so. It says Canon C620 on it but we know it wasn't made by them that long ago.

jumeda33
05-01-2018, 03:18 PM

thank you very much for those part numbers. The only trouble we seem to be having is when we try the Trouble reset routine it just brings us to a big list of menu items. It says it's in service mode but we never see just the Trouble Reset. We are holding the button for 10 seconds and doing everything the way we should but don't see that option. I have a pic of what we are getting if that helps. I assume we would have to get to this point even after we change the gears etc... to clear the code, right?
Thanks,
David

jumeda33
05-01-2018, 03:24 PM

Hi Copyman,
I just remembered way back when the machine was an Oce machine before Canon bought them. Still don't know the real Konica number though.

Synthohol
05-01-2018, 10:45 PM
gotta be a c6500/1
oce had a 650 that was the same.
im going on a hunch it looks like this?

jumeda33
05-02-2018, 12:23 AM
gotta be a c6500/1
oce had a 650 that was the same.
im going on a hunch it looks like this?

Hi Synthohol,
I will try to get some pictures of it for you. It doesn't look like that. I will also try to figure out how to put the pics here. I have no idea how.
thanks,
David

jumeda33
05-02-2018, 12:36 AM
I think you were right about the 6500 thing. I think all the other attachments confused me. Here is a link to some site that has a picture of it.

Konica Minolta C6500 Oce branded CS-620 Copier Printer Scanner Finisher (http://java-printing.com/products/Konica-Minolta-C6500-Oce-branded-CS%252d620-Copier-Printer-Scanner-Finisher.html)

copyman
05-02-2018, 12:57 AM
Oce makes more sense. Didn't think Canon & K/M would get into bed together:cool:

There is a fierce battle for market share between these #1 & #2 companies.

jumeda33
05-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Hi guys. Here is a picture of the screen when it comes up from holding the utility button for the 10 seconds. We can't find the Trouble Reset button.
Thanks for your help.
David

K-3
05-02-2018, 08:31 PM
to reset a fuser code you need to get into service mode believe #3 system setting, then software switch setting and set dipswitch #3-1 from a 1 to 0 turn off then on. there is no trouble reset screen on the C6500.

jumeda33
05-03-2018, 02:53 PM
to reset a fuser code you need to get into service mode believe #3 system setting, then software switch setting and set dipswitch #3-1 from a 1 to 0 turn off then on. there is no trouble reset screen on the C6500.

Hi K-3,
Thank you sooooooo much for your information. I was able to get to where I needed to be but ran into a little trouble. I wouldn't even have got this far without your help as I kept looking for that Trouble Reset thing. I am attaching a picture of where I got to but I don't understand what numbers to put where. If you could guide me I would be very grateful. Also, my other question is this. Do you have to do the reset even if you change the gears and shaft or will it just know that it is fixed? I would like to try the reset just to see if it comes up.
Thanks for all your help so far. I really appreciate it and you are making me look good to my boss as well.
David

CompyTech
05-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Hi K-3,
Thank you sooooooo much for your information. I was able to get to where I needed to be but ran into a little trouble. I wouldn't even have got this far without your help as I kept looking for that Trouble Reset thing. I am attaching a picture of where I got to but I don't understand what numbers to put where. If you could guide me I would be very grateful. Also, my other question is this. Do you have to do the reset even if you change the gears and shaft or will it just know that it is fixed? I would like to try the reset just to see if it comes up.
Thanks for all your help so far. I really appreciate it and you are making me look good to my boss as well.
David

If it's a fuser code it will not clear on it's own. The software switch thing is a hold out from the old Konica's basically it's a safety function. You might get lucky and reset the code and will run fine, but generally the code happened for a reason.

Your story reminds me of a customer that asked us to work on their Ikon C550(i believe that's the model). After seeking advice from techs on this forum, we turned it down. Ultimately it may have cost us a sale of additional production machines, but we don't work on them so I don't like to promise to fix things I cannot guarantee to fix.

Toxic
05-03-2018, 09:34 PM
@jumeda33
Set dipsw as shown on the your edited photo,hit return button and restart machine.
If code appear soon again you must search for problem,propably fuser sensor.
Do not try to reset this error multiple times because you can cause bigger problem and it is not safe,cause for error must be solved.

jumeda33
05-04-2018, 11:52 AM
@jumeda33
Set dipsw as shown on the your edited photo,hit return button and restart machine.
If code appear soon again you must search for problem,propably fuser sensor.
Do not try to reset this error multiple times because you can cause bigger problem and it is not safe,cause for error must be solved.

Hi Toxic,
Thanks a million for that info. That was great. Don't know how you did it but it was awesome and exactly what I needed to know. In case you didn't figure it out already, I am not a tech. I am an employee with mechanical experience. I used to repair our old Oce 9800 machines after Oce would no longer service them. This is why I need detailed information like you guys have provided. It seems like the general consensus is the 3 white gears and the shaft that is causing the problem. Thanks to Synthohol, he posted part numbers for these. I am going to the office this morning and will give it a try and I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again for returning my image with such awesome details.
David

Synthohol
05-04-2018, 12:37 PM
those white gears are one way gears, take special care to install them in the correct direction.

jumeda33
05-04-2018, 12:47 PM
those white gears are one way gears, take special care to install them in the correct direction.

Thanks for that. Hopefully there is a way for me to tell which way is right. I just tried the reset and got the same code. I guess its on to ordering the gears and shaft. I will keep you guys posted. Cant thank you guys enough for the help so far.
David

jumeda33
05-04-2018, 02:50 PM
Hi guys,
I have a new update since my previous post of resetting and it not working. After I posted that I had another idea. I reset it one more time. Then I took the cover off so I could see the gears. Then I turned the machine back on so it could initialize. I saw the round silver motor looking thing spinning as well as all of the gears, except the two white ones that you guys have been referring to. So, it coded again of course. Oh, forgot to mention that before I did all this I tried to turn those gears by hand and they were very hard to turn. I know they won't go in one direction but they were hard to turn the other way. Felt like they were almost stuck. I did get them to turn so I was hoping by getting them to go by hand then the machine would work. Nope, no go. Does this tell you guys anything?
Thanks again for all your help.
David

Synthohol
05-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Spray IPA on the gear axles and rotate using the motor. Sometimes that will temporarily allow proper grip on the one ways just to confirm but I'll bet it is
Them.

jumeda33
05-04-2018, 07:35 PM
Spray IPA on the gear axles and rotate using the motor. Sometimes that will temporarily allow proper grip on the one ways just to confirm but I'll bet it is
Them.

I am betting you are right so I am going to order them with the info you provided me. thanks a million again and I will let you know how it goes.

K-3
05-04-2018, 09:06 PM
The silver spinning thing is the fuser drive motor, it rotates in both direction. one-way to feed paper thru and the other is to provide pressure for the lower roller, that is what the oneway gears are for. you also have a one-way gear on the upper roller for the fuser belt. most likely the C3102 code is the 3 white gears, but i have had a bearing lock up on both the lower and the upper rollers that also cause jamming, but also thru the fuser code. so if you still get a code after replacing the gears check them.

jumeda33
05-04-2018, 10:12 PM
The silver spinning thing is the fuser drive motor, it rotates in both direction. one-way to feed paper thru and the other is to provide pressure for the lower roller, that is what the oneway gears are for. you also have a one-way gear on the upper roller for the fuser belt. most likely the C3102 code is the 3 white gears, but i have had a bearing lock up on both the lower and the upper rollers that also cause jamming, but also thru the fuser code. so if you still get a code after replacing the gears check them.

Hi K-3,
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it's just the gears everyone is describing. I was wondering if anybody has a .pdf of the service manual so I can sort of follow along as I am taking it apart and trying to repair it.
thanks.

Custom Search