PDA

View Full Version : c6500 weird issue

Custom Search

afterhours
05-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Hello, I have a c6500 intermittently going crazy. it will start throwing C2702, C2704, the k developer unit will spit out developer, I get registration sensor malfunctions, etc. Then after working on it for a while it will suddenly start working fine. I found that the process carriage does not close as it used to. The left side seems to close very tight and can only be closed with much effort. Then it opens but I have to pull on it very hard. Any ideas? With the codes I would think its the HV1, but why would it suddenly start working, then not again.

Please help.

weeirrr
05-05-2018, 05:32 AM
Hi, I also have a c6500 and encountered some problems same as you at the start of this week. I’ve disassembled the entire process unit from the machine for working on various parts. After putting it back in, it started throwing weird codes ( write unit magenta, erase lamp yellow, etc. ). Also the process unit was closing really hard. So I disassembled it again and put it back in really carefully and now I have no problems. It looked fine the first time but fir some reason I think the back black connector wasn’t connecting as it should with the connector on the machine. You shoul check that cinnector as well. Also see if you short any wires when you push the process unit in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocini.jr
05-11-2018, 08:55 PM
Hi... For first, you can take out all items attached to the process carriage... Transfer belt, drums, coronas and Dev Units. After this, close the process and check if it fits ok in position. This will give you an idea about...
Other thing is taking out the process carriage from the machine, and check the rails. They can be loosen a little, causing this problem. The issues you mencioned seems to be some bad contact on the process carriage.

exCSER
05-11-2018, 10:23 PM
If the rails are wearing out, removing all of the weight that they are expected to hold up will probably make them slide in and out of the machine easier, but they do wear out and require replacement sometimes. It does sound like there is a connection problem and bad seating of the process carriage would cause that.

Custom Search