PDA

View Full Version : c350 set up scanning

Custom Search

james
09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
I installed my first refurb color. c350. Everything is ok with print, but don't understand how to install scan features. It has the print controler.

Specilist KVN
09-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I installed my first refurb color. c350. Everything is ok with print, but don't understand how to install scan features. It has the print controler.

Konica Minolta Business Solutions | Help Desk (http://help.bt.konicaminolta.ca)

You can Dl the required manuals there.

It has various scan functions, the most common being scan to SMB or email.

SMB is scanning to a shared folder on a PC. You need to direct it to the IP of the machine and then to the folder plus add the login ID a password.

Email, you need to give the copier a valid email address and then set the network settings the same as a normal PC email account.

DL the manual, plus there may be "job shops" which will walk you through the various functions and their use.

B0265
09-23-2008, 08:42 AM
If the machine doesn't have a HDD installed it will send each page as a separate e-mail if you scan multi pages.
I don't think the C350 supports SMB.

kennyoleary
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I just set up scan to SMB on a C250 and it is done thru the web browser. Just type in the IP adress of the unit and open up the web connection. Select scan. Click new registration and fill in Name, Index and or main, host adress ( I use the name of the PC), File Path (ie: \Scans), and user ID. Then hit apply and ok. You have to create a file on the host PC C:\Scans. When you go to the scanner it should be ready with the host name. Press it and scan. This is all contingent on the C250 and C350 setting up the same. I have not set up my 350 yet.

bigmark
09-26-2008, 02:05 AM
scanning from a C350 is fairly easy. However, you mentioned it has the controller... if this is the Fiery controller.. scan to SMB will not work. Scan to email must be set up on the Fiery and you must have an on location email server. you can set up scan to the HDD on either the Fiery, or the HDD of the copier (if it has one) the easiest way.. is to type in the IP address of the copier into web browser, and you will see your options there. file... scan... etc..
it is a little harder on the Fiery... but still possible.

Custom Search