PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C754e Jam Code 13-01

Custom Search

integritybob
05-14-2018, 08:23 AM
I have a Bizhub C754e that throws a 13-01 jam every single time the #3 paper drawer (1500 sheet) is used. There will be a sheet of paper in the vertical transport just below the bypass, another in the horizontal transport section above the #4 drawer, and a third sheet in the feed section about halfway out of the tray. These 3 sheets will be present even if only a single page copy/print job was attempted. None of the sheets have any tears, crumples or any indication that they are actually catching on something.

It seemed like a simple case of a bad paper feed sensor (PS21), except that replacing it did not fix the problem. Next I tried the actuator - no joy. Finally I replaced the entire feed section and was blown away when this had no effect on the problem.

All the relevant sensors change state when actuated as observed using the State Confirmation/Sensor Check diagnostic.

The system works perfectly when feeding from any other paper drawer or the bypass.

If a single sheet of paper is loaded into the #3 drawer it makes it as far as the vertical transport and the jam occurs.

The unit has fairly low mileage - 479k total with about 200K of that out of the #3 drawer. The customer is running about 10K per month.

The 13-01 jamming was the original service call - that is, this did not start happening after maintenance, a power failure, or anything of that nature. The firmware was upgraded to the latest version a few months ago.

Anyone have any ideas? TIA

--Bob

Max
05-14-2018, 09:23 AM
I think tray 3 has its own controller board at the back of the tray. If its not the sensors/actuators try that.

copyman
05-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Feeding multiple sheets when only making one copy is usually a dirty or bad paper feed clutch. I would replace the feed clutch or try cleaning it with CRC contact cleaner

integritybob
05-14-2018, 04:05 PM
I think tray 3 has its own controller board at the back of the tray. If its not the sensors/actuators try that.

Thanks for the tip - I'll give this a try. I'm thinking that it is more likely to be a board or other component failure, since it started out of the blue and happens every single copy exactly the same.

--Bob

integritybob
05-14-2018, 04:08 PM
Feeding multiple sheets when only making one copy is usually a dirty or bad paper feed clutch. I would replace the feed clutch or try cleaning it with CRC contact cleaner

This is what I thought at first. However, I've replaced the entire feed section assembly, which includes both feed clutches, to no avail.

Thanks for your input.

--Bob

Mitch Barron
08-16-2018, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the tip - I'll give this a try. I'm thinking that it is more likely to be a board or other component failure, since it started out of the blue and happens every single copy exactly the same.

--Bob

Greetings!

I was wondering if you found the culprit causing this issue? I have a 654e doing the same thing and have already changed the complete feeder, sensors, actuators, etc. I was looking on the parts schematic and saw no controller solely for the Tray3. Hope you got the issue sorted! Thanks for any feedback!

All the best!

Mitch

mo0651
08-16-2018, 02:30 PM
We had a 654e doing this. It is actually a bad clutch on the first feed section. Pull all trays forward out of machine, and then run 1 tray at a time. Then push in another tray one at a time.
Do something to mark the paper differently for each tray.( or colored paper). The bad clutch was firing when it was not selected causing this jam. Our DSM showed us this trick.:cool:

Mitch Barron
01-31-2019, 07:55 AM
Figured I would give this thread a little bump as after short comms with the OP it has come to light that neither him nor I have found a solution to this issue. I just don't get it! I have replaced absolutely everything there is to change on my machine and I am still getting the same old 13-01 error. I have changed the complete pickup module, the bridge unit over cassette 4 including all rollers-bearings-clutches-etc, the complete LCC Drive (pain in the ***) and the PFTDB all without success. Anyone have some experience with this issue that could possibly point us in the right direction? My customer has given up on the 3rd tray as of right now and seems to be quite content with just tray 4. I have the problem that I need to know what the issue is here....it is consuming my life. Help!

Thanks in advance! Take care all!

Mitch

3ktlc
01-31-2019, 01:59 PM
Hope someone finds a solution. Seems they have had issues with tray 3 going back to the 650/750 series. Had had several different models have tray 3 problems. Replaced parts, boards, firmware, etc. to no avail.

KMFLT3CH
01-31-2019, 06:22 PM
Replace the clutch behind the horizontal transport pull out tray above tray 4, part number A00JM20000

You can access it from the right side of the machine by pulling out tray 4, pull out the horizontal unit, then taking off a few covers.

blackcat4866
02-01-2019, 12:25 AM
I'm not finding the bulletin, but there's a new style conveyance roller for tray #3. The old part number is A00J 6011 11
I understand that the new roller is slightly larger. =^..^=

copytech,mike
01-06-2022, 01:21 AM
I'm not finding the bulletin, but there's a new style conveyance roller for tray #3. The old part number is A00J 6011 11
I understand that the new roller is slightly larger. =^..^=
I would be looking for a connector that needs to be re-seated somewhere or a pinched wire

Custom Search