PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C451

Custom Search

Canonbloke
05-17-2018, 11:13 AM
Hi Can someone give me some advice, I have been servicing Konica's from the C220 onwards, my company inherited a customer with a C451 aaahhhhh! The machine wouldn't boot up just blank screen and the orange light, I discovered it would boot with one Ram dimm, however it would then throw up a fuser error code, the touch screen would lock up not allowing access to service mode, tried booting using trouble reset but the screen locks up again.

Went back with Ram dimms from a working C451, machine would boot up with new dimms but the same would happen, locked screen.

I suspect either the MFPB or the NVRAM is at fault, I do not have either the NVRAM reset tool nor the flashcard or anything that can write to a flashcard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated apart from the scrap it one's

copyman
05-17-2018, 01:12 PM
I know you said you don't have F/W, etc but first thing you need to try is firmware / nvram reset tool. I would try this before jumping to a board being bad.

Also did you try formatting the hard drive? Or turn off hard drive if you end up getting into service mode.

Let me know if you end up needing parts, I have a working C650 (same parts) that I was going to part out and sell parts on ebay.

Good luck

Custom Search