PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C20 strange noise and B/W printing problem

Custom Search

twunder
05-18-2018, 09:39 AM
Hello all!
My old and trusty Bizhub C20 seems to be dying. The day before yesterday it started making a very loud and strange humming ("rubbery") noise, like a friction clutch or a roller barrel slipping through or whatever. That day it was still printing fine. Because it was so loud i had it run while the front lid was open (tricking the light barrier and the mechanical lid switch above it). I couldn't see anything obvious going wrong but putting my finger on the front of the black imaging unit I could feel that it was vibrating way more than the three color imaging units. I don't have a replacement one right now but i replaced the black toner, which didn't help.

I also noticed that the waste toner bottle filled up from say 1/3 to almost full within these two days (I checked as I heard the noise first, because I was suspecting the WTB to have filled up).

Today I noticed that the B/W printing was fading rapidly, now colors are printing fine but black is completely missing meanwhile. I'm a bit hesitant to order a new black imaging unit (counters say, that it has 22% left), because I'm unsure whether it's really the problem or something else is broken. I think it doesn't make too much sense to invest much into this old device...

Is there anyone who had a similar experience? What could be the problem here and what can I do to narrow it down further?

Thanks a million in advance!
Thomas

Custom Search