PDA

View Full Version : CQ C2060L with Screw Marks

Custom Search

kenpio
05-18-2018, 09:05 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a C2060L that is brand new. It only has 26K on it. This has started happening they were in the middle of a job and it started with the screw marks as they are called. Went to the customer and saw that the cyan developer, the brush on the mag roller was not all the to the front. Called KM and they said to replace the developer, not the unit, just the developer. So I did and we were good. So a couple weeks later they called again and said that it was doing the same thing, in the middle of the job it started doing it. This was on a vinyl type of paper and they were upset because that paper was about a dollar a page. So I went there and called KM and they were telling me to switch dip switches, 104-7. So I did that and it was still doing that. I looked at the DV units and the black DV, the brush was not solid all the way to the front. So I replaced the black developer, that was about a week and a half ago. So the customer called in again and said that it was doing it again. I have not been there yet, so I dont know what color it is this time. Of coarse this customer is an hour away. Talked with production sales guy and he said that he has not heard of this. When I was in Chicago for this machine the instructor said that this was a known problem and that he has heard of a solution for this problem. I have a pic of it to show. This pic is when the black developer was not solid.

Thanks
KEN

Toxic
05-20-2018, 12:36 AM
Try this from troubleshooting manual
I have similar problem on C1060l but counter was not so low and manage to solve problem with firmware upgrade and setting some dipsw.

kenpio
05-21-2018, 08:38 PM
Got that document from my DSM. I did try that. I did 10 8.5x11 pages, pattern 1 at 150 of all the colors and they came nice and solid. Asked the customer to start her job and it got about 3 or 4 in and it started acting up. I ran the halftones again and found the yellow was the bad boy this time. So I am getting the developers in tomorrow and I will replace the yellow and the magenta, those are the ones that are left. The machine in not even 3 months old. I dont know if I got a bad batch of developer with the machine or what???

KEN

Custom Search