PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 552 B&W model

Custom Search

copyman
05-21-2018, 05:37 PM
Weird issue. Went there today to replace a broken exit gear. Machine was off all day Friday and weekend. Now it won't print. You can ping copier, scan, copy and fax. It will not print any test pages under user settings/printer settings. It will print the management list from service mode. Tried unsetting fax and didn't help. Uninstalled HDD in serv mode and it came up "format ssd" when I turned back on. So wasn't able to test with HDD uninstalled. Had all work stations check for jobs in que and none were pending.

I have another machine in shop I can take parts from when I go back tomorrow. My gut feeling is either the hdd or MFPB board is bad? Can I swap out these parts without a big hassle like the 4 series? If I swap the MFP board I was going to use the NVRAM that is in copier now?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

copier tech
05-21-2018, 09:14 PM
Before you dive it head first, have you checked the basics, for example unplug the machine from the network then see if you can still ping it, could simply be a users PC has taken the copiers IP.
Also see if you can open the machine pagescope.
Try turning on DHCP see if the machine picks up a new IP etc.

copyman
05-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Sorry forgot to include that I did try pinging with net cable unplugged and response was "no" reply. Also page scope comes up when typing IP address into browser

allan
05-22-2018, 06:19 AM
Does the data light flash or stay on?
Error deletion in job log?
Change the IP.

Techlife
05-22-2018, 06:32 AM
Can you print by plugging laptop directly into copier, bypassing customers network?

Gab
05-22-2018, 08:09 AM
Can you print by plugging laptop directly into copier, bypassing customers network?
Install drivers again

copyman
05-22-2018, 12:05 PM
Does the biz 552 need a crossover cable if I try and print from my laptop? Thanks

Bix
05-22-2018, 03:05 PM
Hi, you can also use the standard ethernet cable.

Did you confirm that the LEDs on the printer's network card are flashing? One day she burned herself for some reason.

I resolved it by replacing it.

CompyTech
05-22-2018, 04:22 PM
Go into the service mode and make sure the IU/Dev Stop Life settings are set to No Stop. If you have components that are end of life the machine will not print until the stop life is disabled or the part replaced.

copyman
05-23-2018, 12:25 AM
Thanks for all the replies. Turns out the controller was set to #2 in service mode. Should be "0" with standard controller. Not sure how this could of changed just by machine being off for a weekend. Reason I didn't check this setting was I have never seen it change on it's own. Only time I have seen it was with off lease machines that the Fiery was removed and had to put back to "0" but that is it!
Again only reason machine was off for weekend was it had a broken gear late Friday when service call was placed. So they turned it off.

What sucks is I found this after replacing the HDD & MFP board. Hopefully this helps someone else from going through all this for a simple settings.

copier tech
05-23-2018, 07:35 AM
Thanks for all the replies. Turns out the controller was set to #2 in service mode. Should be "0" with standard controller. Not sure how this could of changed just by machine being off for a weekend. Reason I didn't check this setting was I have never seen it change on it's own. Only time I have seen it was with off lease machines that the Fiery was removed and had to put back to "0" but that is it!
Again only reason machine was off for weekend was it had a broken gear late Friday when service call was placed. So they turned it off.

What sucks is I found this after replacing the HDD & MFP board. Hopefully this helps someone else from going through all this for a simple settings.

Very strange one that 🤔

rrrohan
05-24-2018, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't of checked that neither

Good to know for future though

Phil B.
05-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Install drivers again

bullshit.... it isn't the drivers

Custom Search