PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C454e “Remove original from glass”

Custom Search

copier tech
05-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

Machine will ask to remove origianl from glass when using DF, if I power cycle I can use the Df but if I put an A4 original in the DF it wil copy onto A3.

With no original on the glass machine will see 16k size (what ever that is)

Updated fw no change.

As a test I UNSET the DF but same size issue remains if trying to copy from the glass.

I reseated the APS sensor & CCD.

Any ideas!?

KMFLT3CH
05-22-2018, 06:03 PM
Thoroughly clean the glass and white backing sheet on the DF with rubbing alcohol, then open the feeder and run the Non-Image Area Erase Check under Service mode > Machine.

Albonline
05-22-2018, 08:01 PM
Thoroughly clean the glass and white backing sheet on the DF with rubbing alcohol, then open the feeder and run the Non-Image Area Erase Check under Service mode > Machine.

also try doing aes adjustment in the trouble reset screen ,clean all optics before doing so. one other off the wall thing, is the front corner of the scanner bent down?

tech51
05-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Leave the doc feeder up, place an a4 original on the glass and press for a copy. Does it select a4? If yes then try an a3. If it selects a3 (with the feeder up) then the problem is with the sensor timing on the actuater that the doc feeder strikes as it closes. In brief if it actuates too late, it reads the white cover as a sheet of a3 and will always think there is a sheet of paper on the glass.
I had a new c558 do this. I adjusted the df down slightly at the rear using the hinge adjustments. This meant the actuater operated earlier which cured the problem.
Let us know how you get on.....

kenpio
05-22-2018, 09:24 PM
Called into KM for this and they said to clean the underside of the glass. Hope this helps.

KEN

Custom Search