PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C554e....week of strange issues

Custom Search

copyman
05-23-2018, 12:34 AM
2nd call this week for something strange.

After you make a copy, print or scan paper will exit than after about a min the blue start button turns orange, no messages or codes. Even though the button is orange machine will still function if you send a print job, etc. When you touch the copy or scan tab button turns blue, after you scan or copy the button turns orange again.

I was in a hurry just dropping off toner so told them I would be back tomorrow since machine was still working fine. Plus I had never seen this before.

After I left I got to thinking energy save mode may be set to 1 min but I thought the whole LCD screen also goes out with energy save mode?

Anyone ever see this?

Thanks in advance

Flash
05-23-2018, 01:31 AM
The orange indicator usually means the machine needs some attention. One of the paper trays may have had a malfunction and the machine disabled it or some other function like stapling or hole punch. Power off/on and check faulty part isolation in service mode.

copyman
05-23-2018, 02:07 AM
Thanks Flash, I thought of that but anytime I've ever seen a paper tray or option isolated there was message on the screen, something like "stapling currently cannot be used"

Desert Rat
05-23-2018, 06:03 AM
Does it do this all day or just at certain times? I'm thinking sour power do you have a surge suppressor on the power line?

DR

kingarthur
05-23-2018, 08:31 AM
2nd call this week for something strange.

After you make a copy, print or scan paper will exit than after about a min the blue start button turns orange, no messages or codes. Even though the button is orange machine will still function if you send a print job, etc. When you touch the copy or scan tab button turns blue, after you scan or copy the button turns orange again.

I was in a hurry just dropping off toner so told them I would be back tomorrow since machine was still working fine. Plus I had never seen this before.

After I left I got to thinking energy save mode may be set to 1 min but I thought the whole LCD screen also goes out with energy save mode?

Anyone ever see this?

Thanks in advance

at a guess the auto reset is set to "main menu" after 1 min, so the button will turn orange until you select a function button , and yes, you can still print to it

copyman
05-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Thanks King, I think you are right and makes sense. It is on the menu screen so I may change to basic screen instead.

Custom Search