PDA

View Full Version : Ta 356ci Intermittent Light copies/prints

Custom Search

Oze
05-30-2018, 06:40 AM
Hey guys...
356ci giving the customer intermittent pale copies and prints.
Doesn't matter whether the job is colour or B/W.
I inherited this call from another technician and he has previously changed the ITB assy,transfer roller assy,HVT board.
Kyocera dealer support have been underwhelming in their assistance and the machine never has the fault whilst I'm there doing testing so I can't even do a crash stop to check the image on the transfer belt and drums.
Any ideas?

blackcat4866
05-30-2018, 04:12 PM
Do any of your samples have full color? If it affects all colors equally you may be experiencing 2nd transfer charge loss.

Phil B.
05-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Hey guys...
356ci giving the customer intermittent pale copies and prints.
Doesn't matter whether the job is colour or B/W.
I inherited this call from another technician and he has previously changed the ITB assy,transfer roller assy,HVT board.
Kyocera dealer support have been underwhelming in their assistance and the machine never has the fault whilst I'm there doing testing so I can't even do a crash stop to check the image on the transfer belt and drums.
Any ideas?

why can't you do a "Stop Test" " Half Test"? all it takes is to open a cover when it starts to print.

your problem sounds more developer / toner replenishment problems.

JR2ALTA
05-30-2018, 06:08 PM
why can't you do a "Stop Test" " Half Test"? all it takes is to open a cover when it starts to print.

Because it's intermittent

Phil B.
05-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Because it's intermittent

just means you have to stick with it

Oze
05-30-2018, 11:57 PM
Do any of your samples have full color? If it affects all colors equally you may be experiencing 2nd transfer charge loss.
Full colour AND B/W equally across the board.
2nd transfer has been changed as has the HVT...it definitely looks to be a transfer issue of some kind though.

Oze
05-30-2018, 11:58 PM

your problem sounds more developer / toner replenishment problems.
It's never faulted whilst I've been onsite and the machine is 3 hours away so we aren't there every day. :confused:

Oze
07-04-2018, 01:56 AM
Just an update to this:
Replaced the LV Power supply and it looks like it's fixed it.
Did the job 3 weeks ago and haven't heard from the customer :cool:

Oze
09-07-2018, 03:25 AM
Further update:
Apparently the customer is particularly lazy and couldn't be bothered logging a call to say that the fault has continued since fitting parts 2 months ago !!!
Picking the machine up and putting it on the bench at work but it really should have been DOA at run up coz the tech that ran it up HAD the fault but kept quiet about it..grrrrrr.
Any way I'll post up the outcome once we have it in the workshop.

Oze
02-06-2019, 12:27 AM
Finally resolved this POS issue.
Had a tech from Kyocera Australia come to the workshop with a donor machine and we gutted the suspect machine.
Turns out that there was an issue with the machine side HV springs that was blowing the HV board.
Pulled all the machine side springs further to make better contact and fitted a working HV PCB from the donor machine and it's all back to normal.
Just in case anyone should have this fault :)

blackcat4866
02-06-2019, 12:48 AM
Thanks for following up. =^..^=

Custom Search