PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C224e Magenta on border of prints

Custom Search

photocopier.technician
05-30-2018, 04:18 PM
Hello

I am having an issue with a bizhub C224e. It magenta on the border of prints. i did the following :

1. Replaced the 4 drum units and also the transfer belt

2. Did image + stabilization

3. No P codes in normal or service mode

4. Cleaned the laser unit and also the eraser lamps

5. Cleaned registration sensors

6. Verified after a print in colour, no ink accumulated on the drums but ink accumulated on transfer belt : see image at below link
Dropbox - picture.jpg (https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3yo7zazn7z5q64/picture.jpg?dl=0)

7. Verified after a print in Black, no ink accumulated on the drums and no ink accumulated on transfer belt

I am stuck at this point, please share any tips that might help me out of this problem.

Thanks

Toxic
05-30-2018, 04:38 PM
Original drum units or rebuild?
Did you check developing units?
I have seen rebuilded drum acting like this few times if charge coronas is not fit as it should and get closer to drum on one side.

kingarthur
05-30-2018, 04:48 PM
post a pic of the actual image on the paper...you might have to adjust background voltages.....especially if using a non OEM drum

copyman
05-30-2018, 05:38 PM
If drums were all genuine K/M then sounds like you need a new Magenta Developer unit. I have had magenta on edges of page and it was because developer unit was crapping out. I first replaced drum and that didn't work. When I checked dev unit most of the developer was gone.

photocopier.technician
05-31-2018, 02:43 AM
Hello

Thank you for replies.

Its rebuild drum. I used them since a long time and it works. My boss no longer orders OEM. By the way if someone has a supplier for OEM please let me know. If they have a branch in south Africa will be better for shipping. Toxic can you please tell me how to check for the problem of charge coronas ?

Yes i also checked the developing unit the layer of toner is uniform and the level 1 history is around 5-6 for all 4 developing units. Any other check ?

Also one question :

When doing the test pattern in service mode Graduation Adjust. When i select for example magenta :

If the problem is with the Magenta drum or developing unit, will the problem appear on cyan and yellow ? I mean is it like only the Magenta section that gets to work ? or is it either black or 3 colour system ?

I need this info for better understanding the machine.

Thanks

copyman
05-31-2018, 03:56 AM
If it was doing it before "new" aftermarket drums, trans belt, etc than I still say you need new magenta developer unit even if it looks good. Of course you could always swap color drums around to see if problem follows drum.

Very simple, overtoning on edges of page:

1) Drum / corona grid

2) Transfer belt or very rare transfer roller

3) Developer unit

These are only 3 things that will cause symptom you describe.

AjitN
05-31-2018, 05:17 AM
These are only 3 things that will cause symptom you describe.[/QUOTE]

You can swap the drum units & developer unit to confirm.
What about toner? If that is also aftermarket, I guess anything can happen.
Since toner contamination and dumping from front end, you need to check
Hope this helps

Custom Search