PDA

View Full Version : Konica Biz Hub 600 paper intermittently goes into the drum cleaning section

Custom Search

tonerjockey
05-31-2018, 05:04 AM
Hi Guys, i was hoping that someone can remember what things could be a common cause on this bad boy. the machine only has 886,000 copies on it.
Four times in the last 5 months, or 33,583 copies, it ran paper into the cleaning section. first time December, then Jan, then April and now may.

I have checked for any error codes in service mode, as it never throws any when it does this. just customer calls complaining about black lines. one was for erase lamp, at the count when i was there one of the times. i likely left the plug off inadvertently. then a bunch for the charge cleaner motor, but that had a broken cleaner block that was replaced back when.

I changed the drum claws and solenoid in January. it makes great copies, and the machine is pristine.

i was thinking transfer separation corona assembly, since the transfer wire insulation end blocks are not spared. its a small doctors office so i don't feel great about shotgun troubleshooting, since i don't have a parts machine to use.

if anyone can offer any advice i would appreciate it. the good guys at Hytech are thinking control board, high voltage board or the ADU board.

thank you very much, Jim

allan
05-31-2018, 05:48 AM
First take some of your own paper. Damp paper like to do this on these machines.
Some guys put a thin spacer on the metal tab where the solenoid actuator make contact to reduce the space between the separation pawls and the drum. Sometimes removing the middle pawl helps.
But if its to thick the pawls could dig into the drum. Fresh transfer/separation wires would not hurt.
If the paper for some reason is long edge grain it would happen a lot
Then there is the quench/erase lamp below the transfer/separation unit make sure its clean and it works. The clear plastic strip can be removed.

tonerjockey
05-31-2018, 05:59 AM
Hi Allan, i like your thinking. i am more apt to suspect something that is wearing, as opposed to a board.

i will see if the wires are reasonably priced. i see now that just today, one vendor jacked the price of the t/s unit and the 3 wire set is almost a third of the price.
I should have ordered it yesterday. i will check a few other vendors in the morning. i could check paper, but its so intermittent. and it seems that the occurance has increased over time.

Thank you very much for the help. Have a great evening, Jim

copyman
05-31-2018, 12:34 PM
I would look at the transfer/sep corona. Check the ends of the metal guide plate, there is clear insulating tape that wears off. I would replace complete unit.

Hytec is like the OEM tech support, always blaming a board. Hytec = selling boards

By the way 900k is a lot for that machine. I know what you are thinking, the machine is rated for 300k per month! Probably could run to 5 million if done in a few years but this machine doesn't do well in low volume environments. I actually have it ranked in my top 10 worst machines made by K/M. I'm very happy to announce I gave last one to the scrap metal guy. Could never understand why K/M kept this same poor design of recycling toner since the di-5510. If they would of simply used a waste toner box this machine wouldn't of been such a toner PIG!!!

I may have a good T/S unit. I removed all the parts from 2 or 3 machines before scrapping. PM me if you need anything

Custom Search