PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Kodak photo paper in Bizhub C360?

Custom Search

Kim Krell
05-31-2018, 03:32 PM
I have a customer with bizhub C360, He is trying to print on Kodak photo paper. It smears and give double image. I have tried setting the drawer to thick paper 1,2,3, it is slighly better but still double image(repeat image). I told him there is no choice in the menu for "photo paper" and the photo paper does not say for laser or ink. anyone run into this??

Woxner
05-31-2018, 05:07 PM
dont think its supported for paper type. not listed in the media guide

copyman
05-31-2018, 05:36 PM
Laser printers / copiers don't do well with glossy paper. Laser process fusing uses heat and pressure to fuse print on page. The pressure is actually pressing some of the melted toner "into" the paper. Cannot accomplish this if paper is smooth / glossy which will smear the toner.

You could try messing with the paper type settings but I don't think it will work. If anything try setting the side bypass for thick 4 to slow machine down would be best chance.

copier tech
05-31-2018, 08:09 PM
Whats the life of your fuser unit?

blackcat4866
05-31-2018, 11:21 PM
What gsm is your paper? Or Bond or cover or index or points?

Glossy is not very specific. =^..^=

mincopier
06-01-2018, 03:49 AM
"Photo" paper is not a recommended paper type for Konicaminolta machines. Chances are it says "Made for Ink Jet Printers". If so it has a coating on it that prevents liquid ink from going where it is not supposed to go. This coating also prevents the powdered toner from being used into the fibers of the paper.

AjitN
06-01-2018, 04:14 AM
"Photo" paper is not a recommended paper type for Konicaminolta machines. Chances are it says "Made for Ink Jet Printers". If so it has a coating on it that prevents liquid ink from going where it is not supposed to go. This coating also prevents the powdered toner from being used into the fibers of the paper.

This is absolutely correct.
Photo paper is made for the process which develops image chemically, and do not withstand for powder ink process.
Try Mirror Coat which is very bright & shiny on one side and rough on other, which could be substitute for photo paper.
Hope this helps

allan
06-01-2018, 06:12 AM
There is worse machines that a C360 out there for this. You could try a fresh fuser or setting the temp a bit. If that fails there is no chance.
If its non original polymer toner it could be a problem.

Custom Search