PDA

View Full Version : Can Anything Go Work Doing Automatic Update

Custom Search

BuildThenDrop
05-31-2018, 10:35 PM
Is it possible to screw anything up doing the automatic firmware update? Does the device even need it? (Picture Below)

IT guy here trying to save the copys guys head. We need scan to email to work. Doesn't matter if it's gmail, yahoo, our cox business account, just need it to work. I can't imagine anything bad happening if I follow the guide for automatic (non usb) update?

Thank You.

ROM Settings

copier addict
05-31-2018, 11:14 PM
What model are referring to?

BuildThenDrop
05-31-2018, 11:24 PM
What model are referring to?

This would be the C284 (non E)

After digesting the info it seems the machine doesn't know where to look for it's updates. I'm guessing if you're a tech they give you an ftp ip and a temp username and pw? :(

copier addict
05-31-2018, 11:37 PM
This would be the C284 (non E)

After digesting the info it seems the machine doesn't know where to look for it's updates. I'm guessing if you're a tech they give you an ftp ip and a temp username and pw? :(

To make this model capable of email scanning in an SSL environment there are two special firmware versions and a soft switch change needed. I think you will have load the firmware using a thumb drive.

BuildThenDrop
05-31-2018, 11:45 PM
To make this model capable of email scanning in an SSL environment there are two special firmware versions and a soft switch change needed. I think you will have load the firmware using a thumb drive.

I appreciate your input.

I wasn't sure if the soft switch changes were needed for non-gmail. So I guess I'm basically dead in the water since I'm just an IT guy for the company who's machine it is. I wouldn't have access to the files.

Are you familiar with setting up a relay in Office 365? I've read that using a relay, TLS/SSL aren't required, however I'm not sure if the information is outdated or not.

Edit*** Using an ip address relay, as per here > Create an SMTP relay in O365 to allow a Unitrends appliance (or other device) to send email without TLS - Spiceworks (https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/98692-create-an-smtp-relay-in-o365-to-allow-a-unitrends-appliance-or-other-device-to-send-email-without-tls)

copier addict
06-01-2018, 12:26 AM
I appreciate your input.

I wasn't sure if the soft switch changes were needed for non-gmail. So I guess I'm basically dead in the water since I'm just an IT guy for the company who's machine it is. I wouldn't have access to the files.

Are you familiar with setting up a relay in Office 365? I've read that using a relay, TLS/SSL aren't required, however I'm not sure if the information is outdated or not.

Edit*** Using an ip address relay, as per here > Create an SMTP relay in O365 to allow a Unitrends appliance (or other device) to send email without TLS - Spiceworks (https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/98692-create-an-smtp-relay-in-o365-to-allow-a-unitrends-appliance-or-other-device-to-send-email-without-tls)

I'm afraid I can't help with setting up a relay. I am just a lowly tech who knows enough IT to just get by.
Any authorized KonMin tech should be able to get and load the firmware for you.

BuildThenDrop
06-01-2018, 12:30 AM
I'm afraid I can't help with setting up a relay. I am just a lowly tech who knows enough IT to just get by.
Any authorized KonMin tech should be able to get and load the firmware for you.

Thank you for your input. I was trying to save myself from exploring this route if it was confirmed it would no longer work.

Custom Search