PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7060 Jamming/Warming Up/Losing Adjustments

Custom Search

mntech
06-04-2018, 08:12 PM
Hello,
I'm having multiple issues on a Konica 7060 and cannot wrap my head around this, hoping someone can help.

I work on pretty much every make/model of copiers, but have only touched theses boxes a few times.

Call History
Customer called to get a PM kit installed, they provided. On arrival, machine jamming trying to get a before sample out, just decided to install pm parts and figure jamming problem out after. The kit was pretty much drum blade, primary charge and cleaners, grid, transfer wires, fuser oil roller and supply. Installed PM parts then cleaned some rollers/sensors at registration and machine was running good except the registration was off by about an inch lead-trail, the only adjustment that fixed the registration was 36 mode / timing adjustment / restart timing / printer: collective to +35, after adjustments, machine would make 1 copy then display "developer unit connector disengaged", researched the problem and ran dev initial 47 mode 95. Reset PM cycle count. All problems fixed, machine running great, ran lots of tests, closed the call.

Callback the next day, machine is displaying "developer unit connector disengaged". Ordered developer installed, ran 47-95 (with toner hopper swung out), machine running great.
Callback machine is jamming at registration. Cleaned registration clutch and sensors.

Current Issue (weird)
Machine will jam at registration roller, after removing jam, the machine will sit at "Wait, warming up" for a long time(I've only let it go up to 10 min before power cycling), only fans running, after a reboot machine will get 1 copy out, with only about 1 inch of the image on the paper, then will sit at warming up again, reboot, machine quickly comes to ready, and then runs fine. Power down machine for 5 min just to test, then it will be jamming again. HERE is the really weird part, after a few power cycles trying to diagnose jamming issues, the machine will then display the "developer unit connector disengaged", I re-run 47-95, then it comes back up with "PM Call" message, and the registration is shifted again, and i need to go back in and manually adjust the restart timing and reset the PM count again (PM count will go to 650k / 600k).

It seems like I'm dealing with multiple issues here, but am unsure if they are related.
1. Paper jams / stops at registration roller
2. After jam, machine warms up forever
3. PM count reverts to 650k after being reset
4. Timing adjustment is lost
5. Developer connect disengaged message.

I'm thinking problems 3,4,5 are all occurring because machine may be losing nvram data, so maybe the battery is dead or dying
Not sure if reg clutch is bad, the sensors tested okay, but strange that once it starts working, it runs great until machine sits for a short period
Can't be certain if the "wait, warming up" is due to fuser parts like thermistors or if the main board is freezing up, open/close door will not recover, has to be power cycled.

Sorry for the long story, just wanted to make sure I included everything I have noticed and tried... any help or thoughts from this community would be greatly appreciated.

-MNTECH

wjurls
06-18-2018, 04:48 PM
1. Replace the developing unit Ldetect sensor. Load fresh developer and re-calibrate. Do NOT vacuum dev unit without removing the sensor first.
2. Replace the reg clutch and clean the bushings and rollers for 2nd feed unit.
3. NVRAM is bad. It can be replaced, but machine will never be the same again.

4. For the love of Pete!! Please get this customer into a machine made in the past decade.

mntech
06-18-2018, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I pretty much assumed reg clutch, ldetect sensor and nvram were likely suspects, what about for the extremely long warming up message?

I don't think we are going to proceed with repairs since they also have a Ricoh 3035, even tho its 13 years old, it's in decent shape.

Some people just like holding on to their dinosaurs...

-mntech

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Herrmann
06-19-2018, 01:26 PM
Sounds for me like a Power supply Issue. Bad Solder Joints can lead to such a strange behavior.
Give it a try and resolder thoroughly.

wjurls
06-19-2018, 02:41 PM
The extending warming up is from the developer sensor. The machine uses the generic "warming up" message for any kind of calibration. It will say warming up while it's trying to get a lock on the developer ratio.

smokeetr
06-19-2018, 02:57 PM
It could also be the shaft for the fuser handle cut through at the frame of the fuser causing the fuser handle to not pressure the switch proprerly. Aaahh dusting off old knowledge. On a side note we still have a 7040 in the field...........

havokprod
07-02-2018, 11:45 PM
It could also be the shaft for the fuser handle cut through at the frame of the fuser causing the fuser handle to not pressure the switch proprerly. Aaahh dusting off old knowledge. On a side note we still have a 7040 in the field...........

I 2nd the fuser handle and the switch below it.

Custom Search