PDA

View Full Version : correct replacement drum procedure bizbhu 458

Custom Search

Bix
06-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Hello,
I have replaced several drums but I'm not sure I do the correct procedure recommended by Konica Minolta. For example, in the bizhub 458 I have to replace a drum. In the manual, in the end, there is written to go to Service Mode> Imaging Process Adjustment> Gradation Adjust.

I press Stabilizer but then what should I do exactly? Is this operation recommended or strongly recommended?

REGSIS
06-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Hello,
I have replaced several drums but I'm not sure I do the correct procedure recommended by Konica Minolta. For example, in the bizhub 458 I have to replace a drum. In the manual, in the end, there is written to go to Service Mode> Imaging Process Adjustment> Gradation Adjust.

I press Stabilizer but then what should I do exactly? Is this operation recommended or strongly recommended?

Then press PRINT and select A3. Press START. Put that printout on original glass and START to read the pattern. Repeat 2 more times.

After that press COPY and A3 and do the same as described above.
Go back one sceen with imaging process adjustmen selected (which reads AFTER ALL ADJUSTMENT SELECTED PRESS START).
Press START. Machine will run shortly, and that's it.
That's all by the book, but you don't need to do any of these unless you experience image problems (discoloration) expecially you don't have to do this on b/w machines.

I do this only on installation on color machines, never when replacing drums.

tech51
06-05-2018, 05:45 PM
I take the opposite view.

I do stabilisation and gradation whenever I fit any quality related item.

I’ve found the colour quality stays more consistent if this is done.

CompyTech
06-05-2018, 09:13 PM
I take the opposite view.

I do stabilisation and gradation whenever I fit any quality related item.

I’ve found the colour quality stays more consistent if this is done.

I stopped doing gradation adjustments for drum replacements a long time ago. Since the 4 series came out, the color out of the box is good enough anymore I only do the adjustments when replacing transferbelts/rollers and developers or if I feel it is necessary for the customer. The drums are technically meant to be user replaceable anyways. Do you think an enduser would ever run a gradation? I'd say no.

Synthohol
06-05-2018, 10:47 PM
i rarely do gradations if the color looks ok to my eyes however, performing the adjustments will help it stop over/under-toning which could save money on toner contracts.

Bix
06-06-2018, 08:04 AM
Your intervention was precious!
Thank you! :D

kingarthur
06-06-2018, 08:44 AM
i do the gradation everytime i replace a drum, dev unit or transfer belt, I carry the 5 KM charts on a memory stick and each m/c i visit i print them off, if I'm not happy with the colour, then i carry out the gradation, even if I haven't replaced any components, it saves customers complaining about colour issues, as far as I'm concerned, every visit i carry out preventative maintenance to prevent call back for stupid issues, when I do the gradation, I make sure that the "DARK CONV VALUE" is within the range of +/- 100 and "HIGHLIGHT CONV VALUE" is within the range of +/- 60, sometimes it takes a while, if necessary i'll carry out the "INITIALIZE & IMAGE STABILIZATION" more than once,

Bix
06-06-2018, 10:36 AM
"INITIALIZE & IMAGE STABILIZATION" more than once,

Always in Gradation Adjust? ;)

copyman
06-06-2018, 12:31 PM
I do NOT do the gradation every time when replacing the drum, etc.

Back in the "3" series days the user manual stated that the admin should do gradation before "any" color jobs were run. None of my customer ever took the time to do this and didn't hurt the print quality at all. Last time I think gradation was really important was years ago with the CF3102, etc

tech51
06-06-2018, 07:56 PM
Each to his own whatever works best for the individual I would say��.
But I’ll still gradate on consumables fits myself.

copier tech
06-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Gradation adjust should be done every visit repeated 3 times.

However the Bizhub is a very good model you can get away with not doing it.

However colour critical customers should be shown how to do this even daily!

Custom Search