PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C280 error C2554

Custom Search

aAandy
06-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Hello People

this is an old machine with over a million prints on it and the client only wants to keep it running til the end of a build job they're doing (another month tops) - i realise this is a magenta problem, so i checked State Confirmation - Level History and while all the other colors showed around the 6% mark, magenta showed around the 10% mark

is it just depleted dev? any pointers would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance

Andy

copyman
06-06-2018, 11:11 PM
Did you recently change the magenta drum? Sometimes when the drum is changed or re-chipped it crashes the developer. Especially if the consumable life counters are turned off and consumables are way over life. You customer will have to bite the bullet and replace the mag unit if they want to continue using it

aAandy
06-06-2018, 11:37 PM
Did you recently change the magenta drum? Sometimes when the drum is changed or re-chipped it crashes the developer. Especially if the consumable life counters are turned off and consumables are way over life. You customer will have to bite the bullet and replace the mag unit if they want to continue using it

nothing was recently changed and life counters are on - from memory the drum units were re-chipped a year ago but it has been printing fine til this error popped up,,, cyan dev is slightly depleted (very faint diagonal banding) but no such banding on magenta, which is producing a lovely solid with no backgrounding

i've seen similar problems before, but in those instances "level history' showed 3%, not 10%

replace the developer is the solution?

Woxner
06-07-2018, 12:43 AM
if the cyan is banding from depletion you will need to change both. i have seen these pull even if life has not been met.

Woxner
06-07-2018, 12:44 AM
should mention you should change the drum too or it might pull again

copyman
06-07-2018, 01:06 AM
Good points wox. Forgot that the drum should be changed at same time as new developer. Last thing you want is a bad drum to pull the developer out of a new unit.

aAandy
06-07-2018, 04:00 AM
thanks for your responses gents, but the magenta dev is not being pulled, it prints perfectly - the cyan dev is only just showing the faintest signs of diagonal banding and they will put up with that for a month

just wanted to make sure it was the dev that's sick, not some toner supply issue - i imagine that the level history for magenta showing 10+% is indicative of the dev being bad (not depleted)

can either of you confirm?

allan
06-07-2018, 05:28 AM
Try this.

Block the toner port and run 20 halftones(255) then short out pin 1 and 5(ICP) on the dev tank connector while its plugged in an make the door switch for a second and a bit. That will reset the devtank and initialize the dev.
Then for the depletion add DV116(yes its black) until the mag roller is covered and do the same to reset. Then run half tones(255) until the black toner is worked out, that will take around 200 to 300 print.

Bobs your uncle.

Boltaction
06-07-2018, 10:26 PM
Try this.

Block the toner port and run 20 halftones(255) then short out pin 1 and 5(ICP) on the dev tank connector while its plugged in an make the door switch for a second and a bit. That will reset the devtank and initialize the dev.
Then for the depletion add DV116(yes its black) until the mag roller is covered and do the same to reset. Then run half tones(255) until the black toner is worked out, that will take around 200 to 300 print.

Bobs your uncle.

I have had luck with running magenta (or whichever color the code is pointing to) gradations until the TCR levels returns to sub-8% depending on how high the level was before.
Anytime I've seen one at 12% or above it signaled a developer/drum/high voltage issue. I've debated keeping the Life Stop setting ON specifically for this issue, but could cause me headaches in the field having to replace good drum units.

aAandy
06-08-2018, 01:28 AM
many thanks gentlemen - i will try your suggestions

floody
06-08-2018, 09:57 AM
are you using genuine toner?

aAandy
06-10-2018, 10:51 PM
the solution was a new ITB cleaner blade

it was not cleaning the calibration marks correctly, leaving a slight smudge which resulted in wrong readings, hence the high M toner density level reading - fitted a new blade, ran gradations and she came good

thank you all for your assistance, very much appreciated

Boltaction
07-06-2018, 10:15 PM
many thanks gentlemen - i will try your suggestions

Following up to see if your issue has been resolved.

srvctec
07-06-2018, 10:24 PM
Following up to see if your issue has been resolved.

See the post directly above yours. :)

Boltaction
07-09-2018, 04:56 PM
See the post directly above yours. :)

Dang. Well, I thought I could read... These copiers are making me lose my mind.

cristachecri
01-23-2020, 10:19 AM
Hello everyone
I am interested if there is anyone who can help me with a problem that appeared on a Bizhub C360. I replaced all the color cylinders (cmy) with the black cylinders original because they are cheaper of course changing the chips on each color. It's ok but a C2554 error appeared on the magenta color developer. I also replace the chip on the magenta development unit but for nothing, the error persists. The tcr value for all development modules is about 6 - 7 percent. When c2554 appears this value is 11-12 percent to the module developer magenta.
I also tried to replace the magenta development module that I previously loaded with the original magenta developer (220 grams DV610M) plus a chip, the result being c2554.
I mention that I use original toners. Does anyone know how to store the TCR (toner density in the developer) value on this device or how this setting can be made ? I also replaced the magenta development module with one that has expired in terms of number of prints (115,000) with a new chip, the result being all error c2554. ThxI also tried to replace the magenta development module that I previously loaded with the original magenta developer (220 grams DV610M) plus a chip, the result being c2554.

allan
05-19-2022, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone
I am interested if there is anyone who can help me with a problem that appeared on a Bizhub C360. I replaced all the color cylinders (cmy) with the black cylinders original because they are cheaper of course changing the chips on each color. It's ok but a C2554 error appeared on the magenta color developer. I also replace the chip on the magenta development unit but for nothing, the error persists. The tcr value for all development modules is about 6 - 7 percent. When c2554 appears this value is 11-12 percent to the module developer magenta.
I also tried to replace the magenta development module that I previously loaded with the original magenta developer (220 grams DV610M) plus a chip, the result being c2554.
I mention that I use original toners. Does anyone know how to store the TCR (toner density in the developer) value on this device or how this setting can be made ? I also replaced the magenta development module with one that has expired in terms of number of prints (115,000) with a new chip, the result being all error c2554. ThxI also tried to replace the magenta development module that I previously loaded with the original magenta developer (220 grams DV610M) plus a chip, the result being c2554.

Have you used DV610 before? Should work fine and should work out cheap enough never used the production dev for that before.
Sounds like the dev unit is not resetting. Check under consumable life or in service mode if the unit did actually reset check M value and the new article detection date. Like i mentioned pin 1 and 5 on the dev unit connector can be shorted out while the door switch is made for a second and a bit. C2554 is like you know if the TCR value is above 8%.

tsbservice
05-19-2022, 09:48 PM
Have you used DV610 before? Should work fine and should work out cheap enough never used the production dev for that before.
Sounds like the dev unit is not resetting. Check under consumable life or in service mode if the unit did actually reset check M value and the new article detection date. Like i mentioned pin 1 and 5 on the dev unit connector can be shorted out while the door switch is made for a second and a bit. C2554 is like you know if the TCR value is above 8%.

Hey allan you just replied to his post from 2 years before...

Custom Search