PDA

View Full Version : Account track printing from Mac OS 10.5?

Custom Search

rydmec
09-23-2008, 04:59 PM
I have a Bizhub C451 that I can't print to from a Mac (OS 10.5) while using the account tracking (AT). I've tried using the driver specific to the C451 (ver 4.10) and it gives no option for AT user info in the printer properties. I’ve also tried using the driver for this series printer (ver 1.05). This gave me a check box for ID in the printer properties, but no place that I could see to enter the account info for tracking. I’ve been able to setup Windows based boxes to print just fine using the AT. If I’ve left out any needed info just ask and I’ll do what I can to get it. Any and all help on this matter would be greatly welcomed.

Specilist KVN
09-24-2008, 02:04 PM
I have a Bizhub C451 that I can't print to from a Mac (OS 10.5) while using the account tracking (AT). I've tried using the driver specific to the C451 (ver 4.10) and it gives no option for AT user info in the printer properties. I’ve also tried using the driver for this series printer (ver 1.05). This gave me a check box for ID in the printer properties, but no place that I could see to enter the account info for tracking. I’ve been able to setup Windows based boxes to print just fine using the AT. If I’ve left out any needed info just ask and I’ll do what I can to get it. Any and all help on this matter would be greatly welcomed.

It will be one of two things, either a driver update or an OS update.
There were MAJOR issues with the account track when 10.5 came out.

Konica Minolta Business Solutions | Help Desk (http://help.bt.konicaminolta.ca)

You can find what you need there.

pepper38_cnd
09-25-2008, 12:03 PM
I had the same problem. When you run the installer it dumps the driver into a number of folders. When I loaded the printer I naturally chose the drive from the KonicaMinolta folder that the installer had created. That was my mistake. You must chose the driver from the library/printers... I can't remember the exact path and I don't have a Mac to look at but if you to where all the other printer files are and choose the driver from there, you will then have the security option available.

lucky13
10-02-2008, 08:22 AM
ok i just did this last week on a mac running 10.5.5 .driver on disc is no good go to kmbs website get ver.2.3.0 latest one. delete printer and start fresh with new driver.after installing driver you will see a check box in the installable options area for id-authentication or something like that.if you dont see this option you have wrong driver. now print a document file/print/printer prefrances and in 3rd drop down menu might say copies and pages look about half way down the drop down menu for OUTPUT METHOD and there you will see copy track and authentication name and password fields.good luck

08-27-2010, 02:03 PM
My situation is not with a C451 but with a C452 with a Fiery IC412. Customer would like to use account tracking. I know how to input account password and get it to print. The problem is this only temporary and application specific. In other words let's say they are printing from Adobe Illustrator. You input the account information when you are printing. That's fine when you stay in Illustrator. You have to input the information again when you open up a different application ie: Word or Excel. AND, when you close the application and open it up again, you have to reinput the account password! Unlike PC's where you only have to enter the account password once in the driver Macs don't seem to have that feature unless someone knows another way. Does anyone know anything about this?

Stirton.M
08-28-2010, 01:49 AM
To my knowledge, there is no way to set defaults like you would on a windows driver.

I looked around on the knowledgebase, but could not find any reference to work around this, aside from specific instructions on how to input from Illustrator, which you already know.

mrwho
08-28-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm no Mac wizard (in fact I loathe them) but, like any tech, sometimes I have to work with them.

To get around that default thing when printing, I usually choose the settings I want to and then I save the preset before giving the "Ok" for printing.

Another way that might work (although this is just a wild guess) would be to edit the PPD, but I don't really know if that would work.

RRodgers
08-28-2010, 03:45 AM

I just did one of these today. Ya have to open a print job up, and then go into output. It should be in there. I couldn't figure out a way to lock it in (I didn't play with it long) but there is a save info so they don't have to put the code in each time.
HTH

jma676
08-28-2010, 05:26 AM
I have a Bizhub C451 that I can't print to from a Mac (OS 10.5) while using the account tracking.

Some Tips from the SSD = (bizhub C550 - ALL ACTIVE SOLUTIONS - 2009)

Solution ID TAUS0900142EN*
Description
Is account tracking supported onMacintosh® O/S 10.5?
Solution
Account tracking is supported onMacintosh O/S 10.5.Additionally, the account track selection can be found in the COPIES AND PAGES pull down and then
select OUTPUT METHOD.The account track and authentication screen will be present.
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by Mark D'Attilio, Production Print/SSD

Other*****

Solution ID TAUS0702628EN*
Description
Can account tracking be migrated from a Microsoft® Windows 2003 server?
Solution
This is not possible to do with account tracking. In order for this to work, the MFP would have to authenticate with the server.

let me know if this really Works*********

Chromatik
08-29-2010, 07:19 PM
What happens with the IC-409?

jma676
08-29-2010, 10:08 PM
consultation with the owner's manual Fiery!

aesthetics1
08-30-2010, 05:47 PM
To my knowledge, there is no way to set defaults like you would on a windows driver.

I looked around on the knowledgebase, but could not find any reference to work around this, aside from specific instructions on how to input from Illustrator, which you already know.

I can confirm this.

Typically how most Macs are setup by default is to use the user's "Last Used Settings." If you set it up to print using Account Track, exit all running programs, and use your "Last Used Settings" for printing, you shouldn't have any issues with this.

Alternatively, depending on the particular driver being used, I have had some success using the settings in CUPS to get the settings to stick.

If you're unfamiliar with this method, simply open up the web browser on the machine, type in We'll Have More Soon (http://localhost:631) (or We'll Have More Soon (http://127.0.0.1:631)) and play with the settings in there under "Manage Printers." If you are prompted for a username/password, simply use the credentials of the admin account on the Mac.

jma676
08-30-2010, 06:43 PM

Description
Solution
Account tracking is supported onMacintosh O/S 10.5.Additionally, the account track selection can be found in the COPIES AND PAGES pull down and then
select OUTPUT METHOD.The account track and authentication screen will be present.

Other*****

Description
Solution
This is not possible to do with account tracking. In order for this to work, the MFP would have to authenticate with the server.

Chromatik
08-30-2010, 11:09 PM
oK!!!!

jma676
08-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Some clowns are upset by my answer !!!!!

Chromatik
08-31-2010, 04:55 PM
if case!!!

jma676
09-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Tafirol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tafirol.com.ar (http://www.tafirol.com.ar/?cId=94)

KenB
09-02-2010, 12:32 AM
If you open your web browser on your Mac (Safari, Firefox, whatever), and type in "localhost:631" (no quotes, of course), you will see a a ton of settings that you can make on your installed drivers, including printing defaults. This takes you to the CUPS (Common UNIX Printing Services) interface.

I use this all the time to default color machines to default to B&W. Beats hacking the PPD, like I used to!!!

Stirton.M
09-02-2010, 05:48 PM
thanks for the tip Ken....I'll be sure try this next opportunity.

jma676
09-03-2010, 09:52 AM

Description
Solution

Other*****

Description
Solution

Chromatik
09-03-2010, 10:49 AM

Description
Solution

Other*****

Description
Solution

these sequenced

jma676
09-03-2010, 11:05 AM
And Good Sequence!!!!

Custom Search